Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 01:55 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. So a plate mounted under bump mount as a spacer will work with the bump stop that comes with the arms? Are the studs long enough on the bumps to use a spacer plate under arm?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Starting Member
madmaxxed is on a distinguished road

The studs should be plenty long enough to drop them down a bit. I would probably use something forgiving for a spacer so it has a little give when/if the control arm bottoms out.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:31 PM
chevybird is on a distinguished road

for the guys that have this lift, is it worth it? I just bought a blazer for daily and thought about this lift instead of just a shackle and torsion crank. wanting to throw on some 31's

Old 10-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Body lift would be more effective

Old 10-02-2015, 06:06 PM
chevybird is on a distinguished road

cost effective yes, I just don't like the look of so much frame hanging down. also I already have to buy shocks so I assumed this may be the better route. I attempted to low ball the ebay listing for this lift and got the response I thought I would...nope!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Wow 55 posts to describe how to install a lift! Something's very odd here.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Starting Member
madmaxxed is on a distinguished road

I got my RC lift from Amazon and found it to be the best price. I think I paid around 430 for it.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Lewhite, what's odd is your constant need to comment in every thread about lifting a truck on here. How about keeping your useless comments to yourself?

Originally Posted by chevybird
cost effective yes, I just don't like the look of so much frame hanging down. also I already have to buy shocks so I assumed this may be the better route. I attempted to low ball the ebay listing for this lift and got the response I thought I would...nope!
not just cost. If you offroad at all, then a body lift is more effective at clearing the larger tires. Torsion cranks and RC lift don't give you much extra clearance when the suspension fully cycles. Chances are you'd still rub with the RC lift and 31's. Unless it's just for street use.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

So, to answer the question and stay on topic.

I had the 2.5 RC lift on my blazer as well as a 2" body lift. To fit 31's the body lift was the better option in my opinion. If the lift is just for the looks and you don't plan to use the truck in situations where you will have extreme articulation then the RC lift will probably be ok. My RC shocks were not as good as the stock bilstein shocks. I had cv bind and the CV boots leaked grease. I did push my blazer harder than most while playing on the rocks though.

Good luck and have a look at my build thread to see pics of 31's on a 2 inch body lift. I still have my body lift and I'm on 35s now.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Body lift and rc lift cost and your halfway to a solid axle swap!

Quick Reply: How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install