Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

I don't wanna spend all my money on a kit..please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I don't wanna spend all my money on a kit..please help

Bought my 2door 2000 S10 used. 107k and it sat for like a year, tranny needed rebuilding so haven't really driven it.
The tbars seem to be fully cranked even with the impact gun.
SO at this point with shackles in the back what would it take to lift the front??

Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Do you want the cheapest lift ability? You can get a body lift kit on ebay for like a buck 50. Or a suspension lift for 500..

Also,id lower the tbars a little....cranked all the way can put the cv's at a bad angle. and cause it to feel like a station wagon.....

Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Tbars can wear out, one of mine is. That could be a reason they are maxed out.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Starting Member

yeah!^ thats what im thinkin??
so if they are maxed, do I need keys? or CAN i use them even...then shackles.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If your bars are already weak, adding keys will likely push them over the edge to eventual failure. Stock keys should be able to pretty much max out the lift that the CV shafts & stock control arms are capable of supporting.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just a bit of a high jack here...

Has anyone ever heard of a tbar snapping from being worn out and using aftermarket keys?

Just wondering.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:16 AM

They are fairly easy to replace with patience and safety. I just haven't gotten around to mine because the part itself is expensive. I've never heard of a tbar snapping but I'm sure it has to be possible if you go too much on aftermarket keys.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Starting Member

yeah cuz Im only looking for about 2-3 inches of total lift...to fit 31's.
(bfg ATs)

Old 11-04-2011, 10:49 AM

Body lift is about the only cheap way to go.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

The money you "save" on a cheap lift your going to pay for later on broken/worn out parts... It's not a good thing when a ball joint shears.

I know you don't wanna wait but save your money and get a better lift, an you will be happier and not just wastin money.

I was just like this back when I was 16-17 (im not saying this is exactly you) and trying to get the fastest , and most booming truck back in highschool and I couldn't work enough hours to get anywhere near the parts I really needed and I sure paid for it later when I tore stuff up an had to have my dad pay for it so I'd have wheels an I had to pay him back. Take it from experience, wait. And get the right stuff and don't go cheap with things like your vehicle (your life and some of your friends is in your hands this way)

Quick Reply: I don't wanna spend all my money on a kit..please help