Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Just got a 98 LS and i want to lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Spartan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just got a 98 LS and i want to lift

Ok so I just got a 98 LS and its pretty sweet. Its got All Terrain tires but i have found that if im going too fast over a speed bump even alil coming down i hear some scraping... which is lame.. because its got beefy tires and its stock ride height.. SOO my question is, whats a good size lift? I dont howeverwant anything crazy that will net me 3mpg. I was looking and i see alot of 2in lifts but that just doesnt seem high enough for me. Id say my budget is around 1k.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Just got a 98 LS and i want to lift

You aren't going to get a decent lift for $1k, but there should be a post around here somewhere that runs down the lift options...

Anyway, your best bet would be some shackles for the rear, a torsion bar crank up front and a body lift for doing things on the cheap.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Here's the page:

Lift kit list

What size tires are on there now? And by beefy....do you have A/Ts or M/Ts?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM

well... compared to my old car (a camaro) their beefy.. their BFG A/Ts. Im a total noob when it comes to this but can you mix body and suspension lifts? maybe get a 2in body 2in suspension for a 4in total lift?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 PM

I see that in the list you posted the 2insuperlift causes wear to increase, is this common for all lift kits? If so what can be done to address this? Buy new CV boots, ball joints, idler arms and pitman arms?

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

www.powerperformancemotorsports.com has balljoints for our truck that have a 1 million mile warranty. I run them on my truck and I have zero issues. As for the other items Spartan has mentioned it would be a good idea to replace those as well.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM

ok thanks, i will look into those ball joints. As for the lift, would a combo of 2in body 2in suspension work out? Would it give me 4 inches of total lift?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
Sterling is an unknown quantity at this point

yup, combos work just great, body lift for tire clearance, and the suspension lift for ground clearance

Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 AM
flarvin is an unknown quantity at this point

you could get a 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch torsion key and shackle lift for 5 over all look on ebay. there are always decent lift kits but whos knows you get what u pay for but so far ebay has been good2 me.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 AM

One of the Service Advisors at work (i work at a dealership) told me that id be better off with just 4 inches over all.

Quick Reply: Just got a 98 LS and i want to lift