Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Leaf springs above axle=lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaf springs above axle=lift?

IS it ok to put the leaf springs in back above the axles? to acquire lift??

Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

As long as it's done properly, yes.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

yup, your gonna get about 5" of lift though...thats how the rear is lifted with a 5 or 6" suspension lift.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just curious what you plan to do with the front? SFA or do you really like a steep rake?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That would be some serious rake.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Beginning Member
Diablo Rojo is on a distinguished road

If this spring over axle conversion was done properly, would you need to install a longer drive shaft or will the slip yoke accommodate the extra travel?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
camp12 is on a distinguished road

you shouldnt have to unless you put in lifting blocks like i did last night to my 97 blazer 4x4. i got about nine inches of lift just by doin a flip an three inch blocks. than the drive shaft fell out so now i have to take the blocks out an see if that will fix my issue for now.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
camp12 is on a distinguished road
Default what kinda drive shaft??????

i have a 97 blazer 4x4 and i did a flip and block in the rear last night and my drive shaft fell out on the way home. what kind of drive shaft can i put in it from a chevy truck or what???? please help the gf is super mad cause this is also our DD......

Old 11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by camp12
i have a 97 blazer 4x4 and i did a flip and block in the rear last night and my drive shaft fell out on the way home. what kind of drive shaft can i put in it from a chevy truck or what???? please help the gf is super mad cause this is also our DD......
you can probably call a driveshaft place and they will tell you how to properly measure for a new one. i did a flip and block on my truck and i could swear i ended up using the same driveshaft. BUT i also swapped transfercases so that one may have been a bit longer

Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

You could just take the blocks out and put the driveshaft back in if it's usable. Tons of people have a spring-over-axle (without blocks) in the rear without needing a new driveshaft.

Did you lift the front as well or did you just do the flip and blocks in the rear?

Quick Reply: Leaf springs above axle=lift?