Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   lift? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/lift-64399/)

95mike 10-26-2011 02:54 AM

lift?

by adding a 2" add a leaf will that give me lift in the rear? front torssion bars are jacked all the up so front sits higher then the back... any tips, trick and budgetable upgrades anyone know of or about could help and added to my bag of tricks and tips to pass on.... thanks

blue_zr2 10-26-2011 12:52 PM

just do shackels?

xgiovannix12 10-26-2011 01:28 PM

shackles are the way to go

there cheaper and less work

just make sure you soak the bolts a few days before

Pb blaster or wd40 works out good

Benedict1337 10-26-2011 05:25 PM

add a leafs won't give you 2" of lift. I don't think I even got an inch out of mine. I used both shackles and add a leafs. Be warned about the torsion bars, you will have to replace your hubs and cv axles every few months with them cranked the whole way up. not to mention if you have your stock shocks they will also get pretty messed up. your camber will never be completely correct, your front tires will wear down funny. Torsion bar cranking may seem "free" but all i spent on new front end parts I could have just bought the 6" superlift.

Irocz327 10-26-2011 06:06 PM

I have a link for you buddy.. Check this out!! just released it 2 Hrs ago!

Benedict1337 10-27-2011 01:42 PM

I think he ment to post this lift. Chevy / GMC Suspension Lift

this will solve your cv axle, hub, and allignment problems with the diff drop and the control arms ment to handle the angles from cranking the torsion bars. Also I had the rough country shocks they are about 2" longer than the stock ones. I would highly recommend spending the money to lift it this way.

I just ordered a 3" lift for my 4runner with a diff drop. I still have to get the control arms.

FsTFwRd 11-01-2011 07:13 PM

I've been nervous about messing around with the torsion bar, plus I dont know what I'm doing so I just leave it alone. That 2.5" lift would be all I'd ever need! I think I'll get it when I get the extra money.. Thanks for posting the website.

Irocz327 11-02-2011 03:22 AM

I'd recommend it! The one thing I know everyone is disliking about the kit is that you have to cut a mount off your diff to make room for the new drop-diff mount in the kit... but.. I don't know for sure yet since my kit isn't here yet but you might be able to get away with out using the diff-drop mount & just use the a-arms and everything else but you'll prolly go thru cv shafts like it's goin outta style..

95mike 11-03-2011 02:51 AM

thanks to everyone for the tips and advice learning more every post!! best site for advice and help with a built and tech support....

El Diablo793 11-05-2011 06:45 PM

The diff. drop is their selling point on that kit- if you werent going to use the bracket that corrects all of the problems, then why invest in the new kit? Almost better off just cranking the stock keys it seems. I heavily promote the diff. drop. It makes so much sense to me and im glad that they added that in- as well as their N 2.0 shocks and sway bar brackets. Im overly hyped about this kit. Cant wait until the 8th.