Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

lift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:54 AM
95mike is on a distinguished road
Default lift?

by adding a 2" add a leaf will that give me lift in the rear? front torssion bars are jacked all the up so front sits higher then the back... any tips, trick and budgetable upgrades anyone know of or about could help and added to my bag of tricks and tips to pass on.... thanks

Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Starting Member
blue_zr2 is on a distinguished road

just do shackels?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

shackles are the way to go

there cheaper and less work

just make sure you soak the bolts a few days before

Pb blaster or wd40 works out good

Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

add a leafs won't give you 2" of lift. I don't think I even got an inch out of mine. I used both shackles and add a leafs. Be warned about the torsion bars, you will have to replace your hubs and cv axles every few months with them cranked the whole way up. not to mention if you have your stock shocks they will also get pretty messed up. your camber will never be completely correct, your front tires will wear down funny. Torsion bar cranking may seem "free" but all i spent on new front end parts I could have just bought the 6" superlift.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

I have a link for you buddy.. Check this out!! just released it 2 Hrs ago!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think he ment to post this lift. Chevy / GMC Suspension Lift

this will solve your cv axle, hub, and allignment problems with the diff drop and the control arms ment to handle the angles from cranking the torsion bars. Also I had the rough country shocks they are about 2" longer than the stock ones. I would highly recommend spending the money to lift it this way.

I just ordered a 3" lift for my 4runner with a diff drop. I still have to get the control arms.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

I've been nervous about messing around with the torsion bar, plus I dont know what I'm doing so I just leave it alone. That 2.5" lift would be all I'd ever need! I think I'll get it when I get the extra money.. Thanks for posting the website.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

I'd recommend it! The one thing I know everyone is disliking about the kit is that you have to cut a mount off your diff to make room for the new drop-diff mount in the kit... but.. I don't know for sure yet since my kit isn't here yet but you might be able to get away with out using the diff-drop mount & just use the a-arms and everything else but you'll prolly go thru cv shafts like it's goin outta style..

Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 AM
95mike is on a distinguished road

thanks to everyone for the tips and advice learning more every post!! best site for advice and help with a built and tech support....

Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Starting Member
El Diablo793 is on a distinguished road

The diff. drop is their selling point on that kit- if you werent going to use the bracket that corrects all of the problems, then why invest in the new kit? Almost better off just cranking the stock keys it seems. I heavily promote the diff. drop. It makes so much sense to me and im glad that they added that in- as well as their N 2.0 shocks and sway bar brackets. Im overly hyped about this kit. Cant wait until the 8th.

Quick Reply: lift?