Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lift Kit

Whats a good lift kit to get a couple inches higher, as far as a suspension one. and what needs to be done for this to work.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lift Kit

your only options as far as suspension goes, is to crank the tortion bars up to 2 inches, and put up to 2 inch shackles on the back
or if you have the money you can get a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift that involves a SFA [solid front axle] conversion and a SOA [spring over axle] conversion in the back, below is the link to one 5 inch kit
bds 5 inch kit
keep in mind this kit is for my model of blazer, depending on what model yours is, it may be more expensive, or cheaper, here is the site homepage go on there and browse through the products and instructions on how to install a kit
bds homepage
they have some very cool products
and your other option is to do what i am doing and get a 2, or 3 inch body lift, below is the 2 inch body lift for my model of blazer. they do nothing to your suspension, but simply raise your body up. thus you keep you sstock ride comfort. also if you get 30 inch tires, with a body lift, you gain 1 inch of frame and 3 inches of body.
bds 2 inch body lift
hope i helped you
-stevo

Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: stevo

your only options as far as suspension goes, is to crank the tortion bars up to 2 inches, and put up to 2 inch shackles on the back
or if you have the money you can get a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift that involves a SFA [solid front axle] conversion and a SOA [spring over axle] conversion in the back, below is the link to one 5 inch kit
bds 5 inch kit
keep in mind this kit is for my model of blazer, depending on what model yours is, it may be more expensive, or cheaper, here is the site homepage go on there and browse through the products and instructions on how to install a kit
bds homepage
they have some very cool products
and your other option is to do what i am doing and get a 2, or 3 inch body lift, below is the 2 inch body lift for my model of blazer. they do nothing to your suspension, but simply raise your body up. thus you keep you sstock ride comfort. also if you get 30 inch tires, with a body lift, you gain 1 inch of frame and 3 inches of body.
bds 2 inch body lift
hope i helped you
-stevo
Correct about SOA in the rear but the 5" and 6" kits still use IFS in the front rather than SFA.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:40 AM

yea i saw that after i posted it
all it does is lengthen the control arms correct?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Starting Member

what if i were to buy an actual suspension kit that comes witheverything i need. and which one body or suspension is the one i have to change things as far as brake lines and steering, cuz i really dont want todo that.i was looking at this one http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_s10.html

Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

on a body lift you might have to lengthen brake lines and etc but it depends on how high and what year your blazer is.

no, ifs lift kits do not lengthen the controll arms

if you buy a 5" suspension kit with everyting in it you'll have to have a few jacks, decent work space, and a decent set of tools

Old 12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Starting Member

i only wanted to like 2 inches taller, but have everything done so i wont wear out stuff horribly fast.

And what does this mean? (no, ifs lift kits do not lengthen the controll arms)

Old 12-22-2008, 03:21 PM

get a body lift for 2 inches
youll gain 1 inch of frame clearance if you put 30's on there
and 3 inches of overall lift
and if you have a second gen blazer you wont need to do anything but extend the gas filler tube, but its eay,
like a said earlier, go on bds's site and look at the directions
instructions page
itll give you a good idea of what is needed
the only other way to get 2 inches of lift, with a 4wd, it to crank the tortion bars and put on shackles,
which causes more wear on balljoints and cv joints
oh and in the 5 inch kit i linked to it lifts the front while still keeping it independent front suspension (ifs)
i was asking if ifs kits lenghtened the control arms
thats what we were talking about
but we will need information on what model your blazer is to clearly give you more ideas
some blazers have more capabilities
try postion your blazer info in your signature, thats what alot of people do

Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Starting Member

i do have it in my sig. 1998 blazer ls. the kit i linked has the control arms with it new shocks and new torsion keys. im worried about the body lift cuz i thought it would give more sway, and it has enough as it is.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM

i saw that
but is it 4wd or 2wd?
4dr or 2 dr?
zr2?
automatic or manuel?
theres different kits for all of those

Quick Reply: Lift Kit