Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

lift question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Whitey96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lift question

Im interested in liftin my 96 blazer and Im not really sure what a good suspension lift would be. Im not lookinto spend a wholelot of money but would like to get a good lift kit. I dont like the looks of body lifts so Im really only interested in suspension lifts.Hopesomeone will be able to help give me some info. Thanks Yall

Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: lift question

it depends on how high you wanna go. its pretty much either 2" or 6".... the 2" lift consists of crawling under your truck and tightening the torsion bars, buying lift shackles for the rear and getting an alignment...

stay away from a 2" lift kit unless you just really really want it. they are about $650-$750, and it is the same thing i mentioned above which you can do yourself for about $120-$150

Old 10-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Whitey96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the response otnietdehoooo. I take it that those are the only two lift kits. I was really just wantin to go up bout 3". I dont want to go to high cause I dont wanna have to buy a whole lot of new stuffafter I install the lift. Any recomendations on brands or places to get the lift shackels?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

synergyoffroad.com is a great place to buy things. its all offroad parts for blazers and s10's and colorados. im not sure on pricing... im still trying to decide if i want to lift and how to go about it if i do.if you have the right machinery, you could make them yourself. blazin_jason recently made a thread about making them himself.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Good lift kits in IMO are BDS 5" and Superlift 6". You can also just do a body lift as well. They offer 2" and 3" body lifts.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 AM
ga_repoman is an unknown quantity at this point

[8D]about the only way to get 4 inches over stock is a tb crank with a shackel or add-a-leaf in the rear + a 2 in bd lift then larger tires 31's or 32's

I can get 30's on my stock 01 without any problem ...

Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

So 30's will fit stock height without any rub? whats the width of the tires?

Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy

So 30's will fit stock height without any rub? whats the width of the tires?
BFG All Terrain Tires 30/9.50R15LT

BTW, are you planning on using your stock rims?

Old 10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

well, im looking at the black steel rims cause i like how they look, but i havnt taken size into much consideration, and i have no idea what the hell the offset and bolt patters should be.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran

im not real sure about stock offset, but the boltpattern will be 5x4.75 and if you have a 4wd the backspacing is 6". 2wd has 4" backspacing...

if you getwheels with less than stock backspacing, (ie 4" inestead of 6") it will push your wheels further out which can cause rubbing problems

Quick Reply: lift question