Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 AM
*TLR* is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lifting

Wow, so I am three days home from Iraq. Boy, did I miss my family and the good ol' US of A. Today I am starting my lift project. Read alot of post here at the forums while deployed in Iraq.

Looking for last minute advise, warnings and cautions.

2' Body Lift
2" Suspension lift (rough country)
33x12.5R15's PROCOMP XTERRAIN's
4" Fender Flares

I am mounting the 33's on my stock blazer rims.

Next, I also see that there is welding involved at the top of the front shock mount. Can I just put the bolt in finish the lift and then drive really slow to a local welding shop to drop the bead? Here is the picture of the weld bead that needs to be laid.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...=weldpoint.jpg

Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 AM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lifting

welcome back. dont waste your money on the rough country lift just do a 1.5" shackles and torsion bar crank. get same as what your getting in that rough country lift. just get an allignment afterwards. and this way is about $400 cheaper

Old 11-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think he will even need the body lift if he has the 4 in fender Flares and is will to trim before puting them on. I am sure somebody will correct meif I 'm wrong. Post Pics of the before and after. We all like pics. Have fun!!

Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM

im doing the rough country only because it will save minor wear and tear on componants up front.....may not make all that much differants accept for the bling-bling factor lol. i really like the tubuler upper control arms.....i already spent the money. it still involves cranking the tbars if i understand the directions correctly. it drops the control armes alittle and comes with new brackets that sit in the shock tower which re-position the shocks out further to handle the new angle of the lift.......i dont want my blazer to hit the smallest crack like a ditch. I know it wont be as comfy a ride as original . ill definately take pics.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM

sounds goode that will work diffinitly would like to see some pics. is your blazer a two or four door?

Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 PM

the four door model......

Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM

where did your find four inch fender flares for the four door, just wondering cause i have a four door.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 PM

ill try to find the place again...but they are not custom fit, you have to do a little cutting yourself
they are nicer thern i thought though
ill start the project next weekend
after thanksgiving

Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds pretty sweet. can't wait to see this..

And Thanks!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and welcome back.

I would attach the shock until that bracket is welded in place. You can drive the truck without shocks, bounces like a pogo stick, but its doable. Go slow and you shall be fine.

I am seriously considering stuffing 33" under my '00. I am also interested in where your getting your fender flares and how much they cost. Post pics too. WE like pics.

Too get 33" under my '87 I trimmed a couple inches off thefront and back of the fender opening and installed a 3" body lift.

Quick Reply: Lifting