Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifting Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Prozon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lifting Questions

So I just bought a 1984 S10 Blazer. And I was wondering about lifting it.

I was thinking of a spring over axle lift in the back. Would this cause problems? I don't see why it would, but i'd need to lift the front to match. My buddy told me that you can lift the front by messin' with the tortion bars. I just read the tech article on here about cranking the tortion bar. How much of a lift can you get from this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Lifting Questions

Crank the torsion bars up for about a 1.5" lift in the front. Then put longer shackles in the rear to level it out. After that go with a 3" body lift. Dont forget the front end alignment.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:11 AM

Is 1.5" the maximum you can get out of cranking the tortion bar?

I'm more worried about the front end being lifted in this thread. The rear is much easier to mess with. I've just never had a IFS vehicle.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

1.5" is the most you can get on the front without trashing ball joints and cv shafts quite often unless you have the money to burn on a 5 or 6" lift kit (roughly $2000)

Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 PM

How much of a lift would you recomennedto fit 31" tires and 33" tires?
Be as straightforeward as you can. Its a project truck so i'm really taking these things into consideration, i'm aiming for 33s in the end but i'll live with 31s until I can buy a larger lift.

How much of a body lift can I do without worrying about any wires or lines getting stretched too much?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:12 PM

31's t-bar crank and shackles in the rear with a 2" body lift will work but for 33's your really gonna need to go big money on a 5" or 6" kit

Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Rcars2 has 33" with just a 2" tbar crank and 2" body lift.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:17 PM

Well I rolled up the spare tire for my jeep and it seems like it will fit. I need to buy some chevy wheels to see if it'll be good though. Fairly sure the 31 will fit up front with T-bar crank.

The 33's isn't really that important. Depends where the truck goes later down the road.

Is anyone aware of how much of abody lift I can get without moving lines and extending things?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 AM

body lift your options are 2" and 3" and even at that only 1st gens have the 3" kit gimme a couple days and i'll let you know everything that needs modified on a 1st gen for the 3" body lift (just bought mine gonna be putting it on this week)I know for sure the bumpers need relocated and gas filler tube needs extended (fuel filler extension included in the kit but bumper brackets were not) although some kits do include the bumper relocation brackets mine did not but it wasnt something i was concerned about easy enough to fab up those myself.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:37 AM

Alright thanks. Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Lifting Questions