Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Need advise on a lift...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Beginning Member
spyderlock is on a distinguished road
Default Need advise on a lift...

I have a 94 S-10 Blazer, 2 door. I want to run 31 10.50's on it. I've heard I need 3" of lift and I've heard 2" will work. I really don't want to show the frame any more than it already is so I think a body lift is out. I also can't spend a grand on it either. Some have suggested coil spring spacers and shackles, others have said to turn the torsion bars. I don't do any serious 4wheeling but I like would like to have something to take the kids camping in, moderate trails, I live in the Appalachian Mtn's. Any help is GREATLY appreciated... Thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

a 3" BL will do the trick.

OR

if you are a 4wd: crank up your torsion bars no more than 2" above STOCK height (not current height)
if you are a 2wd: you can do front coil spacers but they would have to be pretty damn large..... i dunno much about all that...

for the rear (2 or 4wd) get yourself some 2" lift shackles (google 'em) and you are in 31x10.5 country .

up front, you may experience some rubbing but the first gen fender shape was a bit more forgiving. if you get rubbing, and bit of sawzall work on the bottom corner of the offending fender will do the trick (round it off so you don't knife your new tires!)

the 3" BL (fairly cheap for your year) will show more frame, but nothing a bit of under coating can't make look nice. You will also want a set of gap guards for the front wheel wells.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your truck 2wd or 4wd???? Makes a huge difference. I think at first glance it is 2wd since you have been told before to put spring spacers. If that is the case then get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S10-B...Q5fAccessories

You will clear plenty of tire

Or if you are set on a 3 inch lift then here you go.Dont forget to get the shackles....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...Q5fAccessories

Or just go body lift if you want a cheap way out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-94-...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Where in the Appalachian Mtn's are you from? I'm from east TN. I have a 98 blazer 4x4 and am running 31x10.50s on mine with 2" of lift but if your using it on trails i'd go with 2" suspension and 2" body lift. Mine rubs the fenders when turning and hitting bumps. and for a total of around 400$ to do both lifts if you do the work yourself.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM

"Leeclark" he has a 2wd I think so it wont cost him as much to lift it. Like I said before go with a 6 inch lift and it will run you around 6to7 hundred bucks if you install it yourself. I actually found a deal today on ebay for 2inch lift springs though http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-94...Q5fAccessories ad a body lift and you still wont fit 33s but you shouldnt rub on your 31s anymore

Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member
lovemy01ZR2 is on a distinguished road

You could...go with a body lift but as said previously, get gap guards...and you could probably get a set of nerf side steps to cover the whole "I can see the frame" problem.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Beginning Member
spyderlock is on a distinguished road

Sorry... I should have specified I have a 4WD. Alot of good advice, if I could come out spending around 400 bucks on a 2 or 3" suspension lift that would be great, or less on shackles for the rear and (something) up front then that would be even better. Most of the trails I take are nothing extreme, just really need the extra clearance, and the bigger tires look alot better I think. And I live in the Black Mtn. NC area. Thanks...

Old 02-10-2010, 05:40 PM

if you have a 4x4 then whoever told you to get spring spacers didnt know what they were talking about... You have torsion bars not coil springs. crank the t bars and get a body lift if all you want is around 3 inches of lift.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I cranked my t-bars and put shackles on and trimmed my fenders and have 31's on. thats the easiest/cheapest way

Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

for first gens they will fit at stock height with some rubbing. Crank the tbars a little and put a shackle in the rear and you will be fine

Quick Reply: Need advise on a lift...