Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Need your thoughts on this lift!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:23 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road
Default Need your thoughts on this lift!!!

First, Ignore the VW body.. its just a frame right now.. It's not mine, someone wants to sell it to me for 100$. 2nd, There is a 3" suspension lift on it.. Has anyone seen a lift like this before? It looks like there's drop brakets for the torsion bars, control arms, and sway bars. I want to take the lift from this and put it on my blazer... Any ideas, thoughts, opinions??

Attached Thumbnails Need your thoughts on this lift!!!-4x4_vw_001.jpg   Need your thoughts on this lift!!!-4x4_vw_003.jpg   Need your thoughts on this lift!!!-4x4_vw_004.jpg  
Old 12-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Does any one have any thoughts about this lift?? lol

Old 12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

is it the same frame as your blazer? Thats how my 6in lift is. It lowers the tbars and control arms, along with the front diff. If that is a blazer frame it is a custom made lift since no body makes a 3in lift for blazers.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
is it the same frame as your blazer? Thats how my 6in lift is. It lowers the tbars and control arms, along with the front diff. If that is a blazer frame it is a custom made lift since no body makes a 3in lift for blazers.
that was what i was thinking.

for starters, what Blazer were you refering to, 'cause you have both gen's listed in your sig.

2nd, i too also thought no one ever made a 3" lift, but wasn't 100% sure.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Sorry. My 87' S10 Blazer. So you think its all custom built?

See the drop brakets for the control arms? Does that look like a "normal" lift for a blazer??

Last edited by tony991; 12-07-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony991
See the drop brakets for the control arms? Does that look like a "normal" lift for a blazer??
which brackets? those thumbnails don't come up large enough (on my screen anyways) to see what you're talking about.

ya know, looking @ those pic's again, why not just finish what this guy started?

now before everyone starts going off that comment, hear me out.

finish off the back of the Bug body, making it like a cab. then i'd section a 1st gen box (looks to have a very similar side shape to it), and graph on the rear fenders from the Bug-filling in all the gaps of course. i'd even use the Bug's rear bumper.

you'd need to figure out how to get enough air through the cooling system (ie; the rad). you could even go true Baja style (keeping to the Bug's racing heritage), buy running a rad in the bed, and extending the coolant hoses.

while this is just a thought, i'm guessing you probably don't have some of the parts i've thrown out there (rear bumper, p/u box), when finished, it'd make for one hell of a trail rig-def one-of-a-kind!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
which brackets? those thumbnails don't come up large enough (on my screen anyways) to see what you're talking about.

ya know, looking @ those pic's again, why not just finish what this guy started?

now before everyone starts going off that comment, hear me out.

finish off the back of the Bug body, making it like a cab. then i'd section a 1st gen box (looks to have a very similar side shape to it), and graph on the rear fenders from the Bug-filling in all the gaps of course. i'd even use the Bug's rear bumper.

you'd need to figure out how to get enough air through the cooling system (ie; the rad). you could even go true Baja style (keeping to the Bug's racing heritage), buy running a rad in the bed, and extending the coolant hoses.

while this is just a thought, i'm guessing you probably don't have some of the parts i've thrown out there (rear bumper, p/u box), when finished, it'd make for one hell of a trail rig-def one-of-a-kind!

The thumbnails don't enlarge when you hover over them?? And I'm talking about the control arm brackets in the middle picture. I've never seen a suspension lift on a blazer before (well at least underneath) I was wondering if that looked like a normal lift? And The VW body doesn't come with the frame lol But your right, that would be one of a kind buggy. lol
Oh, and i forgot to mention, that its a 91' blazer and the parts are going on my 87' Any problems with that cause i know the 91's have an extra cross member where the torsion bars are, and my 87' doesn't.

Last edited by tony991; 12-07-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

its kinda hard to see the control arm brakets but the tbar bracket looks similar to mine. Look in my album to see pics of my 6in lift. It should work as long as you can get the parts of. Again it was a custom made lift so some of the brakets may have been welded to the frame. Also one thing to add is you may have to cut some of your brakets depending on how the lift was made. If you have to cut mounts like i did. You wouldnt be able to undo it with out a lot of welding.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM

Ya i was also concerned that some of the stuff was welded in. So i emailed him, he says everythings bolted in. So it should come right out with a few cans of wd-40. lol I'm just trying to find some one that has a car trailer right now with not much luck. lol

Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by tony991
I'm just trying to find some one that has a car trailer right now with not much luck. lol
where are you located?

Quick Reply: Need your thoughts on this lift!!!