Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Now I am confused on what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012 | 06:35 PM
|
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road
Default Now I am confused on what to do...

Well, I was planning on getting the new Rough Country 2.5" kit for my ride, but decided to do a little searching for some other lifting options. I came across ORD's kit for a SAS and here is the link https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...sion-%284wd%29 If this is the correct kit, which I do not see why it isn't, I am at a loss...I can get this kit and the one from RC for the same price. Granted I know I would have to buy an axle (or axles) but still...what I would really like to know is your guy's opinions, even I know what most of you will probably say lol. Oh and one other thing, the ORD kit says that it lifts the vehicle 5" or so, this means if I would go this route, the blazer may not fit in my garage! lol (I would have to measure to make sure) And for any of you that may be following my posts, yes I know I seem to not know what I want to do or seem like an idiot, but I already wasted money on the rear AAL's (at least I think so at the moment) so I really don't want to jump into anything else at the moment without doing a crap load of research...

Old 01-27-2012 | 07:10 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

If you are looking for a street queen that's only a bit higher the RC kit will work fine.

If your offroad trips include more than a simple splash of mud here and there the ord kit is it.

Personally I built my hangers and such for my sfa. Gonna run dodge dakots springs to move the axle forward 2 inches and use a chevy astro box. Moving the rear leaf hangers with a bastard leaf pack to move the rear axle back 2 inches. I lucked out on my axles and got them for almost free.

I will say this, my blazer is gonna be my daily driver. I spent almost 2 years researching about the swap before I even bought an axle. I'm building all my parts off a parts frame I have so when I pull it off the road it will only be down very shortly.

Last edited by neo71665; 01-27-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2012 | 09:31 PM
|
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

That is just the thing, it will continue to be my DD the same as yours, but I certainly like the option of being able to go more than just a "little" offroad. I would love the extra height, but like you mentioned it all goes down to planning. I will start my search of axles and see what I can find and for how much. That will probably be the determining factor I guess as well as down time. I appreciate the information!

Old 01-27-2012 | 10:49 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

dont bother with 2.5" torsion key lifts. All its going to do is put more stress on ball joints and cvs. do a body lift and slightly larger tire, one of the 5-6 ifs lifts or sas.

if sas, read read read. thats my best advice.

Old 01-27-2012 | 11:27 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yeah, the body lift is the cheaper way to go. My body lift has been on for about 3 weeks now and my new tires and maro wheels for maybe a week. I love it! After the lift is on, you will have to trim the fenders a little, but 31's look good on these trucks with some a/t's. So I wouldn't throw out the option of a body lift. Just sayin...

Old 01-28-2012 | 12:01 AM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're interested in an SFA kit. Take a look at this one.

https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...uper-10%22-Kit

Old 01-28-2012 | 12:29 AM

I'm running a BL and wouldn't take it off for anything. With the 3 inch I can get my impact with no extentions on those top bell housing bolts. The 5.7 is sitting in my shop waiting on me to find a trans. I'm figureing on being down about a week doing the engine and axle swap. I did go ahead and get me another truck for backup.

Old 01-28-2012 | 01:20 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

The 3 inch body lift does give a lot more room , but when I did my BL all my cab mounts were in good shape , and now 2 yrs later every cab mount is crushed and the cylinder went through it . Now I have it plated with steel , and I would strongly suggest that you put a plate on top of the lift cylinder to distribute the weight a little better . I'm not complaining I love the body lift , just sharing my exp .

Old 01-28-2012 | 02:56 PM

Yeah I plated mine when I done it.

Old 01-28-2012 | 03:51 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by neo71665
Yeah I plated mine when I done it.
I didn't plate mine. I'm not totally sure what you are talking about. Can you explain that a little more? And I only have the 2 inch bl. But I'm assuming that the plate probably protects both gens.

Quick Reply: Now I am confused on what to do...