Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

pa-152 2in body lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Beginning Member
98jblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pa-152 2in body lift

hi i just ordered a 2in bl and was just wondering after you remove the body mounts where do you lift the body from?and what did you use to jack it up? thanks

Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i removed the bolts completely on one side and loosened the other side...i then used a large floor jack and an 8x8 chunk of lumber and placed it between the front and rear doors, against the floor panels (yes mine is 4 door). then slowly jacked up checking for pulling of lines/wires. then installed spacers placed new bolts loosely...let down slowly went to other side and repeated...DONT TOTALLY REMOVE ALL BOLTS AT ONCE...BODY WILL SLIDE OFF FRAME!!.....

just follow inst. you got with kit you will be fine.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
Default bl

thanks for letting me know that did you run into any wire or line problem or anything else when you did yours i also have a 4dr any help would be great

Old 03-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Best time to upgrade your body mounts while you are doing your body lift. I replaced mine with the energy suspension body mounts.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

x2 on body mount replacement.

i had no problems at all with the lines / wires...a couple of the bolts fought me but nothing serious.
the instructions will tell you everything you need to do, i thought they were great nothing was left out and it went pretty smooth. just sounds like more work than it actually was. i have had harder times with other things than the body lift.

the rear bumper required a little trim here and there because the hitch receiver i have mounted...again nothing a cutting wheel couldnt handle.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Oh and one more thing when you finish the BL: pics or ban! Lol

Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member

thanks guys for all the help i will post the before and after pics as soon as i start i am also putting in an add a leaf 2in on the rear and doing a 1.5 t bar tweak

Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road

I am going to order a PA 2" BL lift for my 2dr Blazer soon. How many bolts are there on the car that needs replacing?

ALso someone said something about rear bumper trimming. ANy pics of it ?

Thx

Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

Your kit will come with the bolts...on the 2 door I think its 8 per side, 16 total. When I did mine I didnt need to trim the bumper. I did have to extend the fuel filler and vent line though. Make sure you soak the body mount bolts with a good penetrating oil daily for a week or so....I ended up snapping bolts even with the oil soak and trust me you dont want to get in that situation.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road

If they end up snapping how much work will that mean ? I can only think u remove the broken ones and replace with the new ones

Quick Reply: pa-152 2in body lift