Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

please help with price

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member
ricky is on a distinguished road
Default please help with price

i currently have a 97 blazer 4wd 4dr and was curious if someone else who has put a 3 inch lift on their blazer would tell me the complete cost for the lift budget lift or not i am thinking about lifting mine up and need to know a ballpark range of the cost to see if i can do this. i was also wondering if you could tell me what you need to get other than just the lift kit. for example brake lines would need to be replaced if lifted. thank you

Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ricky
i currently have a 97 blazer 4wd 4dr and was curious if someone else who has put a 3 inch lift on their blazer would tell me the complete cost for the lift budget lift or not i am thinking about lifting mine up and need to know a ballpark range of the cost to see if i can do this. i was also wondering if you could tell me what you need to get other than just the lift kit. for example brake lines would need to be replaced if lifted. thank you
well there are not too many 3" lift kits out there but you could either do a 2" lift w/ a 2" body lift and get four total inches or one or the other...if you do want 2-3" of suspension lift you can do that with shackles and a simple tbar crank, you can search around using those words and find plenty of information, but for tbars and shackles it will definitely cost less than $100 and if your good under $50....as for a 2" body lift it will run you about $200-300 varying on the quality of the kit. A body lift will be much more involved IMO than a simple shackle lift and will take some more time, however whatever kit you get should come with the proper parts needed to insure everything is long enough, most include bumper relocation mounts.

If you have any more questions or want more clarification feel free to ask!
-Derek

Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

What size tires would you like to fit after your lift? That could help with how much you would need to spend?

Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member

i am not looking at tires yet i went to a local store"trick trucks" and they estimated my certain 97 blazer as $2000 for a 3" suspension and $1000 for a 3"body lift AND I WAS CURIOUS ARE THEY MAKING IT WAY TOO EXPENSIVE OR IS THAT the way it actually costs

Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM

i am not looking at tires yet i went to a local store"trick trucks" and they estimated my certain 97 blazer as $2000 for a 3" suspension and $1000 for a 3"body lift AND I WAS CURIOUS ARE THEY MAKING IT WAY TOO EXPENSIVE OR IS THAT the way it actually costs
well i am assuming that is including labor? either way i think that is a stupid amount amount of money when you could be doing it yourself and only paying 10% of those prices....so i guess it depends if you want to do it yourself

Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Beginning Member

thx for the info ...they said without LABOR CAUSE OF THE specific lift compications of the97 blazer so idk what they are talking about i will read up on it more and thanks for all the help

Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd do teh shackle lift and the body lift as stated earlier, get 4" of total lift for 250 to 350 if you do it yourself. and the shackle lift is very easy with some air tools. as for the body lift i havnt got around to that yet but give me a month and i'll have an opinion lol

Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

wow those prices without labor are crazy. The reason I asked about tires is because if you just want to fit 31's then it would be fairly cheap to lift and easy to do yourself. If you want to go any bigger than that it would take more money and would be alot more complicated.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 PM

they said without LABOR CAUSE OF THE specific lift compications of the97 blazer
That sounds like a whole bunch of bull**** to me.. there are plenty of 97 blazers that are lifted on this forum, i have no idea what complications they are talking about!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

My advice:

Never, EVER go back to that place again! First, there is NO 3" suspension lift for these vehicles. Second, there is nothing about a 97 that makes it unique and difficult to lift over any other second gen.

Read up on body lifts and shackle/tbar tweaks on here and go from there. Both are very easy to accomplish but can be PITAs. You can do both or choose one or the other.

Quick Reply: please help with price