Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

PROCOMP SHORT ADD-A-LEAF INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PROCOMP SHORT ADD-A-LEAF INSTALL

Ok,
I purchased a set of procomp short add a leafs for my 03 blazer andI am set to install them tomorrow. The only issue is thatI dont have any instructions to follow as I install them. I know there area few peopleout there that have installed themso any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PROCOMP SHORT ADD-A-LEAF INSTALL

lift the backend up so your tires are off the ground. take tires off(block the frint tires). then jack the diff up just a little to take the weight off the springs. after that, take the shocks off (makes life so much easier) and then start taking off the u-bolts. i wouldspray the bolts with wd-40 tonight so the bolts are a little easier to break. for me, it was easier doing both at the same time. after you take the u bolts out, jack the diff up so that it is out of the way. now, take some clamps and clamp down the top 3 springs leaving out the over load spring b/c the aal goes before it. now that you have clamped the springs down, take the center bolt out. take the fatter bolts from the kit and slide the in the hole, making sure that head of the bolt is ontop of the spring. take the aal and overload springs, center them up and bolt up. then reverse the steps. hardest parts for me was taking the ubolt nuts off and trying to align the spring perch hole with the center bolt on the spring pack.it is pretty straight forward, i didn't have instructions when i put mine in 2 weeks ago. if you need anymore help, let me know.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Starting Member

thanks,
So I can reuse my u bolts? if so thats awsome, Also stupid question i know but the leaf goes on the bottom of the pack correct?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Starting Member

no prob man, thats whats this forum is all about, helping. yes, i was able too, with a little bit of room left too. and yes, the aal goes at the bottom of the spring pack, before the over load spring( if you have one)

Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Starting Member

well installed them yesterday and everything went great! The only other step that i had to to was grind down the center bolts to make them look nice. but other than that the install went good.

Through the lift I now have an extra 2" in the rear end it looks finally good. no more saggy rear end YAY!!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Starting Member

nice, yeah, i forgot about that step. glad everything worked out for ya. how bad is the rack on your truck now? for me, my front end already sat high so when i put the aal on, it sits pretty level. i have a little rack(the way i like it to be). do you notice a change in the ride?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Starting Member

Yah mine raised the rear end 2" as i said before and t now sits a little bit higher in the rear end which looks nice. The Truck rides almost the exact same as it did before, and if it does ride a little bit stiffer its not enough to nodice. Now i just cant wait to continue on my additions. I beleve the Rough CountryLift is the next thing on my list to do. Thanks for all the help tho!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Starting Member

yeah man, thats what i am looking at too for my next mod. but i might go the cheap way and just crank my tbars up. ha, i'll see how much money i have when the time comes.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Starting Member

yah i think im gonna go with the kit just for the New Arms to reduce the wear on the joints and front end.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Starting Member

yeah, i hear you on that one, but, i am kinda pressed on time and money right now to get the UCA. my 31 are about to die on me so i need to get new rubber before i do anything else. 32 are foing to be fun to have

Quick Reply: PROCOMP SHORT ADD-A-LEAF INSTALL