Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Quick question about shackle bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question about shackle bushings

I'm thinking about installing my 3Leaf shackles tomorrow. I didn't buy any new bushings (auto parts store was out). I have an '04 Blazer with only 70k miles so I'm thinking I probably won't need them. Just a couple quick questions. If I find that I need them, is there any way to remove them without burning them out? (I don't have a torch and I'm not comfortable using one next to the gas tank anyway.) What problems would I have if I left bushings in that have 70k miles? (I don't go off road, if that matters.) There's not really any way to screw up shackle installation, is there? You basically just unbolt the old and bolt in the new, right?

I'll also be cranking the Tbars at the same time (alignment is Wednesday and I won't be driving more than 100 miles until then).

Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 AM

Anyone?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends on your bushings. You really will not know until you get in there. I would have a set of bushings on hand just in case.

As far as how to get the bushings out if you run into a problem, there are quite a number of threads on that subject.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the response. I'm done more or less but had a few issues. I started a couple other threads about the problems (more than one thread cuz I had more than one issue ).