Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rc 6inch lift for zr2

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 12:40 AM
Beginning Member
Marshp55 is on a distinguished road
Default Rc 6inch lift for zr2

I know and have done a lot of research for why the rough country lift will not fit a zr2. No I do not want to sas but there are no available lifts besides the 2.5 rough country but I want more. No I do not want to run a body lift. I am wondering if I can modify the rough country 6inch lift kit to fit my zr2 and if anyone else has done it. I was all about doing the sas unfortunately I’m currently doing all my mods in my old mans shop. He does not support the sas idea as it would “ride like a bucking board.” That being said I tried to look for a long travel kit and was unsuccessful in that attempt to find a godamn bolt on kit for my zr2. I am a zr2 enthusiast and own 2 at the moment but I am very agitated with the lack of aftermarket options for a lift and I am hoping someone here has a solution to my massive headache. I have fabrication skills, the tools needed to perform the task I just need someone to lead me down the right path. Any information is helpful.

Old 12-08-2020, 08:21 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

I doubt it can be modified. The ZR2 frames are different as well as the trans cross member than standard 4x4 blazers. From what I've read those 6 inch lift kits are really hard on components too.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Beginning Member
Marshp55 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
I doubt it can be modified. The ZR2 frames are different as well as the trans cross member than standard 4x4 blazers. From what I've read those 6 inch lift kits are really hard on components too.
ya I know the frames are different it’s a laddered frame and the brackets are in a different location I believe but there has to be a way to get more lift out of it. I don’t need a 6 inch even 2 more from stock would be fine and I don’t like the torsion key idea because that is hard on cv joints aswell