Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rough Country 2.5" Lift long-term satisfaction?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Yes they use the full size truck ones

Old 09-22-2020, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member
IslandBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
Yes they use the full size truck ones
Score! okay then I have two of those in the RockAuto shopping cart...my next question is I'm going to get the high angle CV Joint installed but should I replace the LOWER ball joints as well since I will have the front end basically all apart? Are there recommendations for such a part?

Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by IslandBlazer
Score! okay then I have two of those in the RockAuto shopping cart...my next question is I'm going to get the high angle CV Joint installed but should I replace the LOWER ball joints as well since I will have the front end basically all apart? Are there recommendations for such a part?
get the mevotech ttx lowers too they also make wheel bearings now too

Old 09-22-2020, 08:04 PM
Beginning Member

get the mevotech ttx lowers too they also make wheel bearings now too
But since I'm not replacing the lower control arm with the RC kit, I would want to get a part made for the Blazer and not the Chevy 1500 correct? Or would I want the matching set? Can I ask for you to link the part in RockAuto again?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:13 PM

The front lowers if it’s the same across years. This is the one for a 2000 but I think it will work across years

Old 09-22-2020, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member

Perfect. Thank you, friend. One day ill make a build thread and include all this info. You all have really helped me make some educated moves when doing this huge upgrade

Old 09-22-2020, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

And jut like that...Upper/lower ball joints, CV joint boot, and RC 2.5" lift to be delivered to my house next week. Ill update the thread at the next junction...if you wanna keep up with my build im gonna move somewhere into the wheels and tires section to get some good shoes for the truck.

Last edited by IslandBlazer; 09-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:29 PM

I’m curious which will come first my rc lift came super quick but rockauto is super quick with shipment stoo

Old 10-30-2020, 02:52 AM
Beginning Member

I used the mevotech ttx txk6540 ball joints for a 2000 Sierra 1500 they are the size used in the rough country control arms got them from rock auto and they are super strong I find the stronger then the moog

u will need a press kit to remove the old ones and install the new ones and there is a c-clip inside holding them In
Update: I was able to get the lift installed! But the upper ball joints were too small to fit inside the threads. The mechanic explained it to me as “ it’s too small, it just floats, the threads don’t grab anything.” I don’t know if RC changed the control arm but those ball joints did not fit. Not a problem though. I will be contacting RC to reference through them the ball joints that can fit.
But other than that the truck is amazing now!

Old 10-30-2020, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by IslandBlazer
Update: I was able to get the lift installed! But the upper ball joints were too small to fit inside the threads. The mechanic explained it to me as “ it’s too small, it just floats, the threads don’t grab anything.” I don’t know if RC changed the control arm but those ball joints did not fit. Not a problem though. I will be contacting RC to reference through them the ball joints that can fit.
But other than that the truck is amazing now!
I suspect RC changed the ball joints they used sometime in the last few years.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" Lift long-term satisfaction?