Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

sas question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Starting Member
jaked up is on a distinguished road
Default sas question

i would love to do a sas swap on my truck but the mass laws state that any lift more then 2 inches is not alowed so is there a way i can have a soild front axle and not go over the mass 2inch lift limit while still useing the sas kit from synergy off road.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

you cant lift your truck more then 2 inchs!?! where do you live??

Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Starting Member

i live in a very small town called middlefeild which is in mass

Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

Well, I can't quite answer your question about the SAS thing, but I might be a little help on the lifting part... I ran across this for Mass lifting laws
In general, vehicles under 10,000 GVWR have a suspension lift limit of 2 inches in Massachusetts.
4x4 vehicles have a maximum suspension lift limit based on this equation:
Lift Limit = (wheelbase x wheeltrack) / 2200
I also found some figures for these measurements for your blazer, which would be 107" wheelbase and 57" wheeltrack. This figures out to be a shade better than 2 3/4" of lift. I realize that this isn't much, but every little bit counts in my opinion Also, I would try widening out the stance a bit more, it also says that a vehicle cannot be wider than 102". If you widen the stance, you can lift your vehicle higher if it is a 4x4 by the way I read it. just my
by the way, here is where I found this info Massachusetts Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Starting Member

thanks for your help but as of this year the laws have changed in mass and now from what i under stand the laws are now no 4x4s lifted more then 2 inchs no matter what the wheel base is but i could be wrong on that also other laws are no bumpers other then stock bumpers and other dum stuff like that all the things on my truck right now are legal as far as i can find anyway so i lucked out with that one

and you are right in every little bit counts i have a 2in lift right now but i would love to have a soild frount axle but still be road legal

Last edited by jaked up; 01-31-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

Ha, that sucks...sorry to hear that...yeah I don't know how recent that website is, it could be from a while ago... but come to ohio, we have very few laws lol but that is probably the case with quite a few states also, but still...I need more lifted blazers around my area. I got nobody here to brainstorm with and work on stuff together haha (that almost sounds stupid, but if I could find another blazer owner to pair up with to work on stuff, that would be awesome)

Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Starting Member

i know what you mean all my buddies own jeeps and im always saveing them with my blazer but as soon as i get the money me and my gf are going south and then my blazer is going to be turned into one mean machine

Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Dang, that blows. NC is probably the home of lifted trucks and suv's. I see a ton daily! I don't know what I'd do if I ever went to a state with an exposed tread law prohibiting it. But in your situation, since the suspension can only be 2 or 2 1/2 inches as far as lift, do a body lift with the suspension lift. That law that the guy put up says suspension lift, so with a body and suspension, you could get 4 to 4 1/2 inches. That's quite a bit!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

if u sas ur blazer itl be a minimum of 4" lift with just suspension. im with tibby, do a 2" body lift, they make a 3" too but its more involved, and then do a 2" shackle, torsion key lift. ul get 4 to 4.5" ez.....then 31" tires would fit great. sas would get u in trouble with ur crazy town laws.....lol

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Starting Member

they changed the laws this year so now the law is 2-2.5 inch wther its body or suspension which really pisses me off so ill just have to stick with the RC 2.5 inch lift that i have now but hopeful ill find a way to make an sas with only 2 inch lift

Quick Reply: sas question