Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

shackle question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 PM
nyzr21019 is on a distinguished road
Default shackle question

i got 2 inch rear shackle lifts for my 2001 zr2 will they level the rear end or will i have to crank the t-bar to level the front and back?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

that depends. how far down is your rear end? have you moved your t bars yet? it should get you approx +1 - +1.5" in the back, that being said you wont know until you get em on if it will level you out. drop a few pics or measurements for better accuracy in response than, "try it and see."

Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but you know that "2" rear shackle lifts" will raise the rear of your truck, right? I'm guessing your truck is taller in the rear (stock) than the front anyway. Unless you love rake (like the '70s/'80s "muscle" cars), you definitely want to lift the front, too.

Or maybe I've missed this completely.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
nyzr21019 is on a distinguished road

chevy blazer zr2's have a really bad rear sagging problem the rear end is significantly lower than the front end, from opinions from alot of people i was told that a 1.5" to 2" rear lift shackle should level it

Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran

BlaziNator posted this and you cant beat the price. I couldn't any way.... those are the ones i bought as well, but his red paint looks better than mine

Old 11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

My younger brother is having the same issue with his '00 ZR2. He is going to replace the springs because the sag is uneven, making him lean. He has gotten a few prices. I'll keep you posted. Those Shackles are awesome though. I am about to put another set on my wife's blazer. anyone wanna play?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
redblzr4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default ebay shackles?

hey blazinator, i saw the link to the shackles you baught of ebay, i just wanted to ask if they felt more beefy than the stock shackles? the only reason i ask is because ive read some stories on how "you get what you pay for"

Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Yes, they are definitely more "beefy".

They are far thicker and weigh at least twice as much. I haven't had any problems.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

you can put the shackles in and your truck will be fine, if you want lift out of the front than go ahead crank the t bars a lil, i got a zr2 aswell and this is what it did for me.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran

@ elementtrev: So.... your 2" shackles set off any early winter?
Seriously, Damn that made a WORLD of difference. They look awesome!

@ redblzr4x4: The 'you get what you pay for' in ths shackle department was pointed at the universal shackles you could get for like $20 at autozone. Some were suggesting welding a cross bar on, or even doubling up on the brakets for strength....

I have the same ones i linked you too. Have not installed them yet, but I bought them after what BlaziNator said about them. I have handled them and will back up what head said about thier 'beefiness'. I can't wait to roll like that

Quick Reply: shackle question