Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Superlift 6" question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 AM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough
Default Superlift 6" question

O.k. this has been a back and forth battle with me for a few months now,
SAS or superlift 6" suspension lift K790, I was speaking with a dealer
in Virginia today about ordering the kit, and he was strongly against it, because he sayed that the Superlift kit will not work with the front differential
that has the slip in axles, it will work only with the 6 bolt flange type on
Gen 1 type... is there any truth to this, he mentioned somthing about the
bracketry is in the way of the axles, so i know there are several Blazerites
that performed this lift, is there any truth to this.... thanks to all..
Robert

Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Superlift makes a kit for our trucks that include the drop brackets for the front suspension. Not sure where the dealer you was talking to go his information from. The correct kit you want is the K790B. That kit includes the upgraded shocks which makes a big difference. You can download the installation instructions off the superlift website so you can see whats involved to install the kit. Keep in mind that you might wanna upgrade your gears since you will most likely order bigger tires and since you will have the front end apart, its a perfect time to do it.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

I had the 6" superlift on my 96 with 6 bolt cv flange. I proceeded to sell this kit to a buddy of mine, that has indeed installed it on his 00 blazer with the slip in cvs. No Issues! Except IFS hes ready to pull it off to, maybe i should put you 2 in contact. maybe make a deal if u still have the axles...lol

Like said above, i skimped on mine and got cheap superlift shocks...JUNK! definitly get the upgrade!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

hey skotti, been a while, i sold the dana 44's front and rear, was thinking on a set of jeep axles, and then the down time blah blah blah, im leaning back toward the Superlift 6" F.I.T. system, mostly because of convience really
and ease of installation with zero gray area as far as what will or wont work,
but i did score a 231c t.c. that has yokes on all ends, no slip in spline shafts, and the output is a short shaft, i may or may not install and found a linkage shifter,and a cable shifter in the junk yard so i nabbed both... i still need to drive up to PA. and check out your ride..... Robert
oh' did you ever get the p-brake connected working with the dana

Last edited by okiedoak20; 06-26-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM

gotta go with what your comfortable with. ORD going out of business, would probably make it a lil harder doin front crossmember.

since you are going with superlift, dont need much of a slip driveshaft now, mainly to get it on and off and to allow for minor torque twist since in ifs driveshaft dont move up and down.

I did, spliced rodeo cables and blazer cable, but a rock ripped it off and havent bothered with it since...lol.

atvwarrior mentioned hed be at a trucks gone wild event, that im heading to as well, but think that be a hefty drive for you up to ohio. well have to look for some events closer to the borders..lol

Old 06-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

My Thoughts:

1. With the Superlift FIT 6" kit your front drive-line will be your 4x4 failure point. Superlift does the best they can at keeping the drive-line angle in spec, however the added degrees make a huge difference in the torque placed on the drive-lines CV. I am currently saving for a new double cardan front drive-line. Its a bad thing to break on the trail.

2. Plan to wait to get your lift. It took Superlift 2 month to build my kit due to it being the B (bilstein shocks) kit, and had to be manufactured for me.

3. Get the steering stabilizer kit as well, and plan on replacing all your suspension parts up front that are not in the kit.

4. You are still going to have to trim, or do a body lift also. I trimmed.

5. Since you remove the rear axle for the flip/lift this would be a great time to do a rear swap if thats part of your project. currie enterprises is a great place for axle/lift/flip goodies.

Best luck.

Also, keeping the IFS vs SAS, my truck kept its decent on road handling, at the cost of not being a rock crawler. If you plan on tires larger than 33" you should go SAS for sure. don't unintentionally replace the IFS with a weaker front axle. splines count!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:02 PM

wonderfull responces and thanks to everyone, i will order the 6" superlift
and probably endup removing the 236 transfer case and installing a
231c i picked up, and go manual shifting on t.c. also will need a 4" longer
drivshaft, also will go straight to the double cardon front drive shaft,
so thats it for now, keep any other responces comming, here is a pic
of the T.C.

Last edited by okiedoak20; 06-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

6. Superlift 6" FIT kit will let you fit 33s, 33s will require you to regear to at least 4.10/11.

Hope it helps.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road

Not to "sponge" off someone else's thread but I've been thinking about getting the 6" superlift, do I was wondering of anyone knows about how much it cost?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:27 PM

think i paid close to $1900 for mine

Quick Reply: Superlift 6" question