Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

suspension or body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Culpy is on a distinguished road
Default suspension or body lift?

hey guys i have a 05 zr2 blazer and was looking to lift it may be 5 to 6 inchs what would be the way to go about this?
dont know to much about lifting but i sure do want to do this to my blazer.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:22 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Culpy
hey guys i have a 05 zr2 blazer and was looking to lift it may be 5 to 6 inchs what would be the way to go about this?
dont know to much about lifting but i sure do want to do this to my blazer.
First off, welcome to the forum! And bro, this is the wrong section for this question. Scroll down to the lifting section under suspension and we will be glad to help you.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to 'Lifting Tech'*

Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

2" Body and 2" Suspension for 4" of lift would be the most cost effective. There are also the 5" BDS and 6" Superlift lifts available, but those are more expensive. Those are your only options for lifts on a ZR2.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i second what jamaroon said.
go with the 2" body and 2" shackle lift.
HUGE savings over a full suspension lift....could probably lift your ride
8x (2" body and 2" shackle lift) with what a 5" BDS and 6" Superlift would run ya.

look up torsion and shackle lifting...will shed alot of lite on your more economical options.

but what would be the fun in that???

Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

sas it, way better

Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
sas it, way better
+1

I'd go with a body lift and save up for an sas. I have the body lift on and now I'm just doing the second part of the previous sentence lol. Not sure how much it'll cost, but with my figures, I'd assume in the ball park of around $1200 in parts for the sas. I'm looking at the sas kit, dana44 front and rear, and the spring over axle kit for the rear right now. But I know I'm forgetting something.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Come on guys, not everyone wants to do a sas. He said he doesn't know much about lifting, so he probably doesn't have the knowledge to do a sas. IFS lifts work fine for lots of people, those with the need to do a sas are in the minority.

You really should find out what he wants to do with his truck before throwing out the "SAS is the only way to go" line.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

sas it, way better. more options and abilities when wheeling. plus it looks cooler.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

While i agree...sas is cooler....i could nto have done it myself...which was a big factor for me.
Also...i like what i have...granted i had some bugs to work out..but would do it over

Quick Reply: suspension or body lift?