Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Suspension lift 5frnt/4r or 2in body?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Beginning Member
94camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suspension lift 5frnt/4r or 2in body?

I am looking at a body lift for my 96 4dr 4x4 blazer. I have found two lifts so far:

Suspension Lift: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...n=T%2fMCT15SSV

Body Lift: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...mp;t_pn=PER132

I like the body lift because it does not put stress on some of the suspension components. How is the suspension lift i picked out? If there are other cheaper kits body or suspension that would be nice with minimal stress on parts and wear please tell me. I would also like to know the biggest size tires i could use with each lift. Thank you.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Suspension lift 5frnt/4r or 2in body?

I ordered mine from these folks.

If you are concerned about overdoing suspension and still wanting more lift, you might try combining the two.
I chose the superlift 2" Suspension with the replacement CAs and add a leafs and a 2" body lift as well.
I will be able to COMFORTABLY run my 31x10.50x15s.
Meaning that if I Flex it up, I will have that "extra room" for the tires to swing.
or if I wanted to be a "Pavement Poser" I could probably squeeze some 34x12.5s in it.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Beginning Member

So if i add the 2" rear shackles and 2" add a leaf in the rear will that bring me to 4" ?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yes. But you cant get 4' up front without a front diff drop bracket.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Beginning Member

So should i do 2" lift? like a 2 inch body lift? how much bigger tires can i put on the blazer with a 2" body lift?

Old 12-14-2008, 04:49 PM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

do 2" suspension and 2" body. you will probably be able to fit 32s but you'll rub at full lock. anything bigger than 31x9.5 will rub frame when you turn full lock. but not by much especially if we're talking 32s

Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member

Wolfpack i noticed you had a 1.5' Shackleand Tbarand a2' BL? how is this and with your tires do they ever rub when you take it off road? How long have you had this setup on your blazer and how reliable has it been i didnt know if i should Tbar crank since it puts stress on stuff. Will a Tbar crank hold up off road and high speed road?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I've had my tbars up for more than 9k miles, and about a year. I only rub offroad, and then its only because of my rim selection. These tires would be perfect on stock rims. I would get full articulation and turning, but my lower backspacing makes them hit at full lock offroad.

If you do a 2' lift on these trucks, you just have to watch your front end. Parts will wear out eventually either way...

Do a search for everything you ever wanted to know on twisting up the torsion bars and the effect on the truck.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member

So wolfpack you do indeed have 1.5" shackles in the rear so it is 1.5" lift front and rear before you add the body lift? I like the setup on your truck, i actually just like everything about your truck i think it looks great and it is pretty cheap to do what you have done but it made a huge difference

Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran

I actually have 2' shackles in the back, and only have the tbars twisted up 1.5'. And then yea I added the 2' body lift. Thanks for the compliments

Quick Reply: Suspension lift 5frnt/4r or 2in body?