Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

sway bar disconects

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
jessebasiuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sway bar disconects

dose anyone know where to buy sway bar disconnects for 95to 05 s10/blazer here is what they should look like

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Combined consecutive posts and linked to the image the OP was linking to through google images.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Default RE: sway bar disconects

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...BarDisco01.jpg

here is a link

Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like something someone made up with some bolts, a sway bar link, and some tubing. Would not be too difficult. You would just have to make sure that the diameter of the bolt or rod used was sufficient to hold the pressure after being drilled.

So if now it is a 3/8" bolt that is used on the standard sway bar end link and you were using a 1/4" pin to retain it (the cross pin), you would want to have at least a 1/2" diameter rod to drill through (which is not ideal) with a 5/8" diameter rod being more than adequate. Then you would need some decent wall tubing which had the same ID as the rods OD and fit nice over the rod. Drill everything at once to ensure a proper fit. The ends of the 5/8" rod would need to be tapered down and threaded to accept the stock style bushings.

As far as where to buy them for an s-series application... I do not know, but you can try SynergyOffroad.com. They may have them.

*EDIT* - Looks like that image came from 4crawler.com for $90/pr for the 5" pair. You would have to measure a stock set to see if that would be good enough. It looks like they are using stainless steel which would have a higher tensile strength than the 3/8" bolt so it may not be as big of a problem drilling a hole through it. Just depends on how big you make the hole. THIS LINK details the disconnects pretty well.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

There was a guy on Zr2usa that used to make them for about $100. The problem is that you have to be lifted to be able to swing the sway bar around to the front and pin it up. Also you would need some welding ability to get the nuts and washers to stay on the end links.

Great idea though...I'd buy em if someone could make me a set

Old 12-22-2008, 10:24 PM

i think its a cool idea i noticed that my truck when one wheel was higher up ex.snow drift the body would follow the suspension trying to level it out i know that what sway bars are suppose to do but by being able to disconnect those sway bars you could get more suspension movement but i then again i want some stability on the high way so i thought these would be cool

any way i will try to make some prototypes this spring (cant do it when 2 1/2 feet of snow is out side) and i think if i don't it would be a good product for synergy off road should make (I've seen some of there products and all i can say great job and hopefully i can become a customer soon)

anyone else got an opinion

Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Beginning Member
SlipAngle is on a distinguished road

Did anyone track a source for these down yet?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

again...no reason to bump these old threads