Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   Time for a lift. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/time-lift-41142/)

kiwiblazer 02-21-2010 02:03 AM

Time for a lift.

2 Attachment(s)
Had a look at my fender flares today. They're wearing pretty quick so I need to do my lift sooner rather than later. I'll do the t-bar at 1" & fit the 2" shackles.

Problem is, there is only one shackle supplier I could find on e-bay and they don't do international shipping.

I've checked the local 4x4 shops - nobody makes them. So, I've decided to get a metal shop to fabricate some for me (price permitting).

ABN31B 02-21-2010 04:03 AM

foxxie has some welding skillz... maybe a meet and greet could be in your future... ;)

Save those flares! they are too pretty to be ground up :(

kiwiblazer 03-12-2010 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So today I decided to do the t bars. Lifted it by 1" and no more rubbing on my flares.
I had 100mm between the top of my tyre and the flare. Now there's 130mm.
For those who do not know, my tyres are directly under the flares & not inside the wheel well.

After a test drive, I checked all the measurments - frame to ground & then top of tyre to fender. Both sides are equal.

Problem now I see, is that the right rear is 15mm lower than the left rear. Not sure if this has always been the case or if the left t bar is now pushing the opposite corner down. (If that's possible). I note the t bar bolts are not in the same amount - The RH one is now screwed in almost as far as it can go.

Maybe I've just got some sag in the right side spring.

I took a pic but not sure if the "lift" is obvious or not. Otherwise the truck looks level from side on so maybe there's no need for new shackles.

WHAT YA ALL THUNK!!!! LOL

Benedict1337 03-13-2010 12:12 AM

looks like mine... haha nah you got that nifty nerf bar. I'm guessing you didn't do the shackles yet. but aren't there any like advance auto's or something similar to that down under? I bought some universal generic ones that work good

kiwiblazer 03-13-2010 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337 (Post 311552)
looks like mine... haha nah you got that nifty nerf bar. I'm guessing you didn't do the shackles yet. but aren't there any like advance auto's or something similar to that down under? I bought some universal generic ones that work good

I've just been reading your post in the general chat & was showing your truck to my wife & suggested I like & am now contemplating getting one as well. Looks damn good mate! (She's not impressed by the way)!

Then you'll need to get the nerf bars! LOL

We've got some auto chains but with limited range of stock. Remember we only have 4 million people here in New Zealand so market is limited for spares & accessories. (particularly mods & anything American).

For things like shackles, need to go to 4x4 shops but been there & they don't have anything suitable for Blazers & they don't make them. I'll need to take one off my truck & get an engineering shop to fab me a set.

May still go that route but at this point the the truck looks good so I'll leave it like this for now.

wlorton 03-13-2010 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer (Post 311561)
I've just been reading your post in the general chat & was showing your truck to my wife & suggested I like & am now contemplating getting one as well. Looks damn good mate! (She's not impressed by the way)!

Then you'll need to get the nerf bars! LOL

We've got some auto chains but with limited range of stock. Remember we only have 4 million people here in New Zealand so market is limited for spares & accessories. (particularly mods & anything American).

For things like shackles, need to go to 4x4 shops but been there & they don't have anything suitable for Blazers & they don't make them. I'll need to take one off my truck & get an engineering shop to fab me a set.

May still go that route but at this point the the truck looks good so I'll leave it like this for now.

Ebay??

Benedict1337 03-13-2010 12:11 PM

what do most people drive down in new zealand? toyotas? and my girlfriend doesn't like my blazer either...

kiwiblazer 03-13-2010 03:27 PM

The e-bay suppliers don't ship overseas! I've tried.

Most 4x4's here are Toyota, Nissan Isuzu, etc. Oh yea, there are dealerships here for Chrysler Jeep but they're pricey!

A few years back I owned a '99 Grand Cherokee Ltd - 4.7 V8. Loved it! Lost it when I shut my business! (That truck was manufactured in Europe - not the US - Austria, I think)