Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Time for a lift.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Time for a lift.

Had a look at my fender flares today. They're wearing pretty quick so I need to do my lift sooner rather than later. I'll do the t-bar at 1" & fit the 2" shackles.

Problem is, there is only one shackle supplier I could find on e-bay and they don't do international shipping.

I've checked the local 4x4 shops - nobody makes them. So, I've decided to get a metal shop to fabricate some for me (price permitting).

Attached Thumbnails Time for a lift.-p1010001.jpg   Time for a lift.-p1010003.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

foxxie has some welding skillz... maybe a meet and greet could be in your future...

Save those flares! they are too pretty to be ground up

Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran

So today I decided to do the t bars. Lifted it by 1" and no more rubbing on my flares.
I had 100mm between the top of my tyre and the flare. Now there's 130mm.
For those who do not know, my tyres are directly under the flares & not inside the wheel well.

After a test drive, I checked all the measurments - frame to ground & then top of tyre to fender. Both sides are equal.

Problem now I see, is that the right rear is 15mm lower than the left rear. Not sure if this has always been the case or if the left t bar is now pushing the opposite corner down. (If that's possible). I note the t bar bolts are not in the same amount - The RH one is now screwed in almost as far as it can go.

Maybe I've just got some sag in the right side spring.

I took a pic but not sure if the "lift" is obvious or not. Otherwise the truck looks level from side on so maybe there's no need for new shackles.

WHAT YA ALL THUNK!!!! LOL

Attached Thumbnails Time for a lift.-t-bar-crank.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

looks like mine... haha nah you got that nifty nerf bar. I'm guessing you didn't do the shackles yet. but aren't there any like advance auto's or something similar to that down under? I bought some universal generic ones that work good

Old 03-13-2010, 02:14 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
looks like mine... haha nah you got that nifty nerf bar. I'm guessing you didn't do the shackles yet. but aren't there any like advance auto's or something similar to that down under? I bought some universal generic ones that work good
I've just been reading your post in the general chat & was showing your truck to my wife & suggested I like & am now contemplating getting one as well. Looks damn good mate! (She's not impressed by the way)!

Then you'll need to get the nerf bars! LOL

We've got some auto chains but with limited range of stock. Remember we only have 4 million people here in New Zealand so market is limited for spares & accessories. (particularly mods & anything American).

For things like shackles, need to go to 4x4 shops but been there & they don't have anything suitable for Blazers & they don't make them. I'll need to take one off my truck & get an engineering shop to fab me a set.

May still go that route but at this point the the truck looks good so I'll leave it like this for now.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I've just been reading your post in the general chat & was showing your truck to my wife & suggested I like & am now contemplating getting one as well. Looks damn good mate! (She's not impressed by the way)!

Then you'll need to get the nerf bars! LOL

We've got some auto chains but with limited range of stock. Remember we only have 4 million people here in New Zealand so market is limited for spares & accessories. (particularly mods & anything American).

For things like shackles, need to go to 4x4 shops but been there & they don't have anything suitable for Blazers & they don't make them. I'll need to take one off my truck & get an engineering shop to fab me a set.

May still go that route but at this point the the truck looks good so I'll leave it like this for now.
Ebay??

Old 03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

what do most people drive down in new zealand? toyotas? and my girlfriend doesn't like my blazer either...

Old 03-13-2010, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran

The e-bay suppliers don't ship overseas! I've tried.

Most 4x4's here are Toyota, Nissan Isuzu, etc. Oh yea, there are dealerships here for Chrysler Jeep but they're pricey!

A few years back I owned a '99 Grand Cherokee Ltd - 4.7 V8. Loved it! Lost it when I shut my business! (That truck was manufactured in Europe - not the US - Austria, I think)