Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

torsion bar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default torsion bar?

if i cranked the t bar so i got 1 inch of lift would 30x9.5 ties still be the biggest for a stock 96 blazer 2wd? i heard of problems with your suspension if u crank the t bar. what things would u half to do to not wear out the front suspension? thanks

Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: torsion bar?

Um, correct me if i wrong anybody but i thought the 2WD blazers didnt have torsion bars but rather coil springs???? Any confirmation on that??

Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

its beyond me but thanks for the reply i will go and look into it

Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

hahahaha!! What t-bars areyou cranking?? I don't think you got any lift out of it whatever you cranked!

I wish the 2wds had t-bar suspensions. I could lower it without springs.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brent, he was asking if he were to do that, not that he has already. Sounded like ya might have got that confused. Anyways ona factory 2wd blazer you should be able to get 30x9.5 r15's on there with no rubbing on the stock suspension. If you want a little bigger tires or just more clearance, fabtech makes a lift spindle that i believe replaces the front knuckles and gets you about 2-3" of lift.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
cyukio is an unknown quantity at this point

****right fabtech all the way. easy on easy off knuckle replacement. nice lift too.

*edited for language*

Old 11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: RCars2

Brent, he was asking if he were to do that, not that he has already. Sounded like ya might have got that confused. Anyways ona factory 2wd blazer you should be able to get 30x9.5 r15's on there with no rubbing on the stock suspension. If you want a little bigger tires or just more clearance, fabtech makes a lift spindle that i believe replaces the front knuckles and gets you about 2-3" of lift.
Sorry, I'm a dumb ***!! Overlooked the "if". So easy to do when you don't have your reading glasses on.

*edited for language*

Old 11-10-2007, 08:40 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Guys, I know the words you posted are not considered bad cuss words by most people... but IMO swearing is swearing no matter how you look at it... try to keep it as family oriented as possible.....

Thanks,
Aaron

Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
docta J is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 93 4x4 jimmy and there is a torsion bar in the front. i have 31x10.5s on now and it rubs in the front. i already put a 2 inch shackle lift on the rear and i need to lift the front, but how? i heard of cranking the t-bar but i dont have a clue how. i want to get 2 inches on the front to even it out. any suggestions how i can go about with this?

thank you

Old 11-16-2007, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The t-bar connects to the bottom control arm follow it back to where you will see 2 bolts on the end of the bar. Loosen the back nut and then loosen the inside bolt to create lift in the front. Your going to want to have the front jacked up the do this!!

Quick Reply: torsion bar?