Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Wanting it to be a head turner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
RWRIGHT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting it to be a head turner!

hey guys i have a 95 4x4 2dr and im wantin to go wayyy up im talkin 6 or more inches, i called the local lift place and all they could say thats a dumb idea that 4.3 will never turn the tires if you put bigger ones on well bla bla bla i dont care if it has ***** or not i just want it to look good. I thinking somewhere around 6 in lift and 33-35" tires, with me having about a $1500 price limt i was just wondering whats the easiest and most billfold approved way of getting this?
thanks!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

6+ inches of lift and 33-35 inch tires for $1500. Not going to happen.

Unless you buy everything used and install it yourself MAYBE.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM

so whats your opinion on a lift cuz truthfully the 33-35 in tires arent THAT important

Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Well, I shouldn't have jumped the gun.. let me explain.

If you are looking to achieve 6" of suspension lift and tires 1500, not gonna happen,
However, you could:

1)buy a 2" body lift.
2)crank your t bars 1.5",
3)get some 2" shackles (only give you 1" of lift"),
4)maybe add a leaf spring in the rear.
that is a total of 5" (ish) inches of lift for oh say $500 bucks(ish) depending on what brand you buy, and where you get the parts from.

Now when you throw in some 31" or 32" inch tires, which are roughly 2-3" taller than your stock 235/75/R15 tire, you could MAYBE expect 6-7" of total lift.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

LOL....33-35's in a 1500$ budget? Hell, tires alone in that size will probably cost you close to that.
I'm with Martin on this one...the cheapest route to go is body lift and shackle/tbar lift. You won't be able to go much higher the 5" without getting into suspension lifts though. Suspension lifts tend to be pretty pricey too.
You can pick up a decent body lift kit for $200-300 and the shackles are fairly cheap too. The tbar crank is free, it's just a turn of a bolt.
If I were you I'd stick with a smaller tire too...somewhere in the 31-32 range as martin said. The price difference is huge, and you will get around the same overall look.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you really want it to turn heads though, you need a RICER colour lol.

x3 on the body lift and T-bar crank... very common lift, and 31's are a nice looking size tire on these trucks.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

6" Lift Kit Ftw!!!! Hope you plan on swapping out your gears if you wanna run 33's or 35's

Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
6" Lift Kit Ftw!!!! Hope you plan on swapping out your gears if you wanna run 33's or 35's
That's a good point raised...forgot about that lol. There are some other things you'd have to switch in order to run tires that big, which again increases your budget.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Figure a 4-5,000.00 budget if you wanna do everything correctly. That also includes new wheels/tires, alignment, exhaust modification and replacing misc parts that need to be addressed while everything is apart. Are you planning on doing the install yourself or are you going to pay someone to do it?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 PM

i plan on doin myself and if i put a body lift and shackles (ive already raised my tbar) what different things am i goin to have to change and on a scale 1-5 how hard of a raise is this?

Quick Reply: Wanting it to be a head turner!