Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do??

Ive been researching alot, i would like to get a 2" lift, with some wheeling capabilitys. Everyone says to stay away from the roughcountry lift. Then what lift would be the best one to get? Can you run a suspension lift with 2" shackles?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: What to do??

Unless you go to the TM5 or SL6, you're using shackles to lift the rear in any suspension lift for the blazer. Shackles adjust the rear leaf springs, so it's still a 'suspension lift'

The rough country kit just advises that it is 'not intended for heavy offroading' or something along those lines, mostly because of the CV angles as I understand it.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Unless you go to the TM5 or SL6, you're using shackles to lift the rear in any suspension lift for the blazer. Shackles adjust the rear leaf springs, so it's still a 'suspension lift'

The rough country kit just advises that it is 'not intended for heavy offroading' or something along those lines, mostly because of the CV angles as I understand it.

the superlift 2" kit also says this. They mean dont go rock crawling or trail riding or youre gonna blow a cv..... mud wont hurt ya....

Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 AM

I will be doing slight wheeling, nothin major. Mainly getting a lift to run 31's. so the roughcountry lift is ok to get?

Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Roughcountry makes the 2" lift kits for Superlifts so you'll be fine. A few people that I know have the roughcountry kit and didn't have any issues.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

my only issue with the rough country lift is it is to expensive, and you can fix the balljoint angles without the new a arms. and achieve the same ammount of lift for alot cheaper, basically your paying for the control arms, because torsion keys are garbage and shackles are what 60$? and also im not tryin to be mean but youve been asking this same question over and over again on what to do..

Old 04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ORIGINAL: 95BlazerLt4wd

my only issue with the rough country lift is it is to expensive, and you can fix the balljoint angles without the new a arms. and achieve the same ammount of lift for alot cheaper, basically your paying for the control arms, because torsion keys are garbage and shackles are what 60$? and also im not tryin to be mean but youve been asking this same question over and over again on what to do..
how can you fix the ball joint angles without new upper control arms? PLEASE do tell?? also, $450 is not EXPENSIVE by any means for a suspension lift. Especially for IFS. Where do you get your bearing that the torsion keys are garbage? I'm sure there would be several thousand people that strongly disagree with you. Sure you may not need them. but garbage, they are not. The bottom line is the rough country lift WILL be better on your truck than just a torsion crank! I am aware that it is nothing more than a glorified torsion crank, but the new upper control arms make the main difference. There is NO way to fix the ball-joint angles without new upper control arms or modding your current ones. I personally would not use a hack-job stock upper control arm.

ALSO, it is not your place to correct other members for posting too much. Leave that to mods/admins. . . . Obviously we feel that he has not posted the same thing over and over again or his posts would have been deleted. . .

Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM

sorry about the same questions over again, i just want to be 100% completely sure what im getting before i spend the money.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Which is a solid plan of action. Continue to do so!

Old 04-03-2008, 03:04 PM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Amen a_tack!