Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

what should i use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member
green w/ nv is on a distinguished road
Default what should i use?

hey guys/ gals, im gonna be making a body lift pretty soon, and i was wondering what diameter square tubing should i use? i also was wondering how many blocks do i need to make? thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

** Moving to Lift tech **

Please read all board descriptions to ensure you post in the correct board. Your question has nothing to do with photo editing or pictures.

As for your question. What are you using the square tubing for? Are you fabing your own body lift? If do you'll want solid blocks, not tubes...

Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i was wondering about the square tubing deal as well.............

tell us your thoughts/plan.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by green w/ nv
hey guys/ gals, im gonna be making a body lift pretty soon, and i was wondering what diameter square tubing should i use? i also was wondering how many blocks do i need to make? thanks
For all those who may have misread ^ ..

Like previously stated, use solid blocks as they won't collapse over time with stress.. Or just buy a body lift kit and then do the installation. As far as I know the kits tend to be fairly inexpensive and easy to install..

Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

three things tell me you should go buy a body lift.
1. you plan on using square tubing
2. you dont seem to know that a bl on one of these requires more than just body mount spacers.
3. you dont even know how many body mounts there are.

save yourself a headache and spring the $150 for a kit.

but if your hell bent to DIY, there are 12 body moounts, 2 front bumper mounts, relocating rear bumper brackets, spacing the radiator shroud, moving the 4x4 actuator, lengthening a ground wire, and unfastening the brake lines from the frame in specific locations.

good luck

Last edited by jsmz; 01-08-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member

i want to build a bl because i dont have VERY LITTLE $, i only make enough for my insurance and gas. I mean if anybody wants to send me one as a late xmas present, thats fine, but if not i would just prefer you to give me some ideas and not really shoot me down.

* i have very little $

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-08-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:23 PM

i think the body blocks are 2 1/2 or 3 in diameter round, 2 inches high. the front bumper mounts are going to need to be 2 in square tubing.

here is the instructions for the body lift. i think there are picture in it so you can get a better idea of what your getting into.

http://www.performanceaccessories.co...ctions/152.pdf

Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Beginning Member
Default thanks

thank you jsmz, i have pipe too, as well as that dia. rod, so that'll work. I was wondering what the bumper mounts are for, i am also fabbing a new front bumper, is its a matter of clearance or something else? Thanks for everything

Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 AM

the bumpers are mounted to the frame separate from the body. i suppose you dont have to move them up, but youll have a gap the size of your lift blocks between the grill and bumper if not.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by green w/ nv
Originally Posted by 1oldK5
For all those who may have misread ^ ..

i don't think we misread what he posted (at least i know i didn't), we were just wondering why he was gonna use square tubing instead of something solid.

if he really is short on cash, and is insistant on having a BL on his truck, go with the hockey pucks. we did it to a friends Blazer ('cause he was too cheap), and it survived for 5 or 6 years, no prblems.

and green w/ nv, you really need to do the bumper brackets for a couple of reasons.

1) the gaps are gonna look............dumb (nicest word i could think of)
2) the rear is gonna look gay-your bumper is gonna stay @ frame level, but your end caps are gonna follow the body.

Quick Reply: what should i use?