Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

ZUK MOD and Torsion Bar Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Beginning Member
hammer051 is on a distinguished road

This weekend I plan on cranking my Tbars down an 1.5" and putting a ZUK mod on the back to re-inforce my extremely flat leaf springs and give me an 1.5" in the back as well.

I know ZUK mods are for Toyota's, but coming from a guy who has worked on Toyota's I believe it is possible on Blazers. They are set up exactly alike and the coil dimensions are even going to be about the same.

Anyone have any good input from past experiences or ideas?

I forgot to put in my last post that I will be completely documenting my lift and I will be posting it up as soon as I get a chance.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Our bumpstops aren't centered above the axle if I remember right. Mounting coils around the bumpstops looks like it should be simple enough but I'd be afraid of putting a bunch of weight on one side of the spring and potentially warping/flattening it even more.

Definitely take pics though, I need to lift the back of mine a few inches and I'd love to see how it turns out

Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

What exactly would the zuk mod do?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mov4x4
What exactly would the zuk mod do?
I googled and found this (link) so I'm assuming that's what hammer was referring to.

I've heard of people doing it before, never heard it referred to as 'zuk' mod though. Looks like those old 4runners have perfect bump stops and the coil can just sit right over them.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Beginning Member

Yep, thats exactly right about the 4Runners! But our Blazers our a little more difficult, having the bump stops off center. It's gonna take some extra modifications, but I'd rather put extra work in than pay $500 for a new suspension and $300 from there to lift it. zuk mods go hand in hand with t-bar cranks so thats why I'm doing this. It costs about $100 to do this to a 4Runner if you have the tools, so I figured with the extra steel to make brackets if I spend $150, I'm ahead of the game.

Like I said I will document everything and we are looking at this as whats the easiest and best way to do this. Hopefully we will be able to help other blazer owners find a cheaper way to get new suspension and a cheap lift at the same time for not a whole lot of money.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This is a first on this forum... I suggest you make a Build thread about this. Or a how-to and you may get it stickied!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

have my interest!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Beginning Member

OK, so this weekend actually went way better than expected! We did some major research of the rear of my blazer and it turns out that it will be way easier than expected! The bump stop will be key to the construction of this mod.

So as of right now I will be adding a 14" 150lb coil to raise my sagged blazer to into a comperable height of 2" above stock. These coils cost $80 for both, which is not bad for a new suspension and a 2" rear lift.

The coils will hopefully come in by tomorrow and I will have her done by Wed! Then you all can get late xmas presents for yourselves!

Basing off of oktain, I am going to put this as a build thread and as soon as I do I will post the link to this page.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i have a question, how does this mod work if you have a shackle lift in rear and sagging leafs? you mentioned comparable to 2" lift

Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to see it finished make sure to take a lot of pictures (we all like pictures).

Quick Reply: ZUK MOD and Torsion Bar Lift