Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2000 Blazer Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Starting Member
pierce.terry@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer Power Window Problem

My 2000 Blazer LT driver's power window has quit working. The controls from the driver's side panel still work the passenger and back seat windows fine. What do I need to replace? Is there a separate control motor just for the driver's window or will I need to replace it all. Where does a person get the best deal on those parts? Thanks

Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member
PinkCamo is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking the whole power window switch assembly needs to be changed. I just had my driver's door apart today and the power window switches are all tied into one connector on my 2000 Blazer LT. I would suggest popping the switches off the door and take a look. I found the power window switch from O'Reilly Autoparts for $99.99. Part # 901-021. Hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
pierce.terry@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your response. Do I need to take the entire door panel off or just where the power window and locks are on the door panel. Does it just pop out? I have never really done anything like that, but I don't want to take it to a shop and get charged $500 which I was quoted. Thanks

Old 04-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Beginning Member
PinkCamo is on a distinguished road

I popped my whole door panel and then popped out the switch assembly. I believe there is a way to do it without doing the whole door panel but this isn't that complicated. You'll want to remove the door latch surround, there is a screw holding that to the door itself and the two screws underneath the hand grab place. Then you should be able to start pulling out on the door panel to pop the little plastic pins. There is quite a few of those and it can be kinda hard to pop off the first time. It will only separate from the door by a few inches because of the switch connectors. That's when I was able to pop the whole switch assembly and fit it through the door panel to take a look at those. I'm sure other sites carry that switch assembly that was just one from the auto parts place in town here. It would take me about 30 minutes to pull the door apart, replace that switch assembly and put it back together. Something I've learned is that try the switches before putting it back together I've put it all together and realized it didn't fix my problem.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Starting Member
1997blazerLS is on a distinguished road

It sounds like your motor has died in the door that stopped working. Does it make any noise at all like clicking, or humming? Did it have any signs of struggling before it stopped working?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Time to pull the door panel and start testing the wiring. If you have power & ground to the motor, then the switch and related wiring are intact. If the motor still will not move while being supplied power & ground directly from the battery (run a jumper wire), then there you have it; the motor is bad.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Beginning Member
CRDuncan is on a distinguished road

Watch the video on youtube. The switch surround should just lift out from the front with a little clip at the rear that slides forward to realease. It is too easy on mine a child could take it apart by accident just playing.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
speedball is on a distinguished road

On my 2000 Blazer 4 dr LT all the power windows work fine from the drivers door control, but the other 3 (front rt and rear both sides) won't work individually on those doors. Motors are all good. All power locks work normal. What's going on here ?

Old 06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by speedball
On my 2000 Blazer 4 dr LT all the power windows work fine from the drivers door control, but the other 3 (front rt and rear both sides) won't work individually on those doors. Motors are all good. All power locks work normal. What's going on here ?
do you have the window lock on?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member
grayfort is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem as speedball, master works, individuals don't. I pressed the lock/unlock several times to no avail. Finally I pulled the master console from the drivers door (it really is a simple remove) and separated the two clips holding the lock switch in place. After removing the plug I found one of the blade contacts corroded. Scraping them with a small flat blade screwdriver solved the problem. An ohm meter is invaluable for checking out whether a switch is good or not.

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer Power Window Problem