Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

2001 Blazer Reverse Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:27 PM
JandL_03 is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 Blazer Reverse Light Problem

I have searched thru 7 pages of old threads with no useful answer. I have a 2001 Blazer 2d LS 4.3l. Reverse lights aren't working. I was told that I need to change out the Reverse light Switch. I ordered the part from Autozone. Any idea on exact location or have a diagram of where it is Located? I have looked online and nothing. I know people have said it is on the Trans but didnt know exactly where or it wasn't clear. Thanks in advance- JB

Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Auto or manual transmission?

Auto (#3):

Manual (#25):

For the auto trans, you need to adjust the switch so that the engine starts in park and in neutral.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 PM
JandL_03 is on a distinguished road

OMG U are AWESOME! It is a Manual Tranny

And what number on your diagram am I looking for ?

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-19-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated in my post above, #25.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:05 AM
diesel head is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem with a 99 manual transmission but I can't get your link to work. Could you repost it for me? Thanks!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Starting Member
tongues101 is on a distinguished road

Pics not visible?!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Administrator

That's what happens when a website like compnine takes down their service. Someone will have to find that information for you again when they have time. I did not keep those images, only linked to them so I do not have a copy, nor do I have the time to do the searching any longer. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Starting Member
tongues101 is on a distinguished road

Found a written description.
Thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Beginning Member
2001BlazerLS is on a distinguished road
Default Reverse lights won't turn off

Hi all my Blazer brothers! i have a 2001 Blazer LS automatic trans 4x4. when i bought the truck from the guy he told he had taken out the reverse bulbs because they wouldn't turn off. so for the heck of it one day i put them back in and wallah they were working fine. i just went to the car wash and when i was done washing it i noticed they were on again and the truck wasn't even running so i took the bulbs back out and came inside to post this message. anyone have any ideas what might be my problem.(how to get them to turn off or what i need to replace?) Thanks for your time and your help!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
diesel head is on a distinguished road

Well since I was having issues a little farther up i'll give you an update of what i've done. I found the switch, of course it's a little hard to get your hand up there.....but then again I got kinda big hands lol. Anyways I jumped past the switch to prove that was the problem and the lights come on. Well I was none to interested in trying my luck to get that old switch out because I didn't want to risk ripping the threads out of the old casing; the metal is starting to show it's age. Anyways I hooked up aux rev lights.....stock was never enough and ran them to a switch on my dash. Yea it's a little extra foolin but it works.

BlazerLS: It sounds to me like your missing some insulation on the same switch I have broken and when water gets up there it's causing a ground a lets the current flow past the switch, turning on the lights!