Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 AM
cadkins is on a distinguished road
Default 93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem

I have a 93 Jimmy and the bearings on the blower went out so I replaced the blower. When I got it all back together I turned the ignition switch on and proceeded to check the heater and as soon as I flipped the heater switch to on I lost all power to everything and the blower was smoking like a freight train. Upon further investigation I have power to the horn, headlights, and interior dome lights. everything else is dead. no dash, which is digital, no radio, brake lights tail lights etc. I checked the fuse block with my multimeter and the only power was on the ecm2 fuse but all fuses are good and it doesn't have a fuse block under the hood that i could find. anyone have any idea what i may have fried. i don't understand what happened none of the fuses blew and the heater fuse should have i would think. a wiring diagram would be helpful also if anyone knows where i could find one. thanks in advance.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few diagrams I was able to dig up (see attached). I have to run out for a bit now, but have a look at them and see if they help. If not, post up and I'll try to respond when I have more time.

Attached Thumbnails 93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem-93_sblazer_fuse_block_24-27.jpg   93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem-93_sblazer_hvac_wpr_36-39.gif   93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem-93_sblazer_conv_haz-sig_40-43.gif   93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem-93_sblazer_clstr_44-47.gif   93 Jimmy Weird Electrical Problem-93_sblazer_mir_wndw_tail_56-59.gif  

Old 12-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Thanks that was a quick response. gonna take me forever to sort through all this, i hate wiring lol. anyway any suggestions on where to start. everything went capooey all at once. its like its not getting any juice at all from the battery no instruments or anything. except the headlights and horn and interior lights all work. I'm hoping something didn't happen to the computer.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My initial thoughts were on the fusible links and/or the ignition switch itself. The fusible links are part of the positive battery cable.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:24 PM

I think i figured it out. Its one of the fusible links coming off the alternator, the one with two wires connected to it. instead of a new fusible link can i put a fuse on it and what size should go on it. i jumped the blower positive to the battery and it works, so i wonder what caused the link to go. hate to wire it back up and get a dead short or something. which wouldn't matter with a fuse installed but those little buggers are getting pricey these days lol

Old 12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Administrator

I am not sure what the rating is on the fusible links. A new battery cable isn't that expensive though.

Fusible links can sometimes get corroded inside the cable and blow when least expected. I'm not sure I would get too fussed over the cause.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 PM

Thanks. Probably just get a new cable. May have just been a coincidence that it blew the same time i replaced the blower. Could've been just the surge from the blower and a weak link. But thanks again for the help.