Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

97 Blazer oem fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Beginning Member
1fastls1ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 Blazer oem fog light switch

My '97 Blazer did not come with factory fog lights, but I picked up an oem fog light switch a while back from the local junkyard. I got tired of the aftermarket switch stuck on the panel with headlights switches, and wanted the cleaner factory look. I searched for a diagram of the switch but came up with nothing, so I took the factory switch apart and figured it out for myself. Here is what the wires go to for anyone curious to know how to wire it up.

the plug was labeled A,B,C,D, and E. These were the wires on it, not sure if they differ in color for other models.

A: purple with white stripe wire- lights up the bulb in the switch when the fog lights are on

B: black wire- ground

C: gray wire- lights up bulb on fog light symbol when parking lights are on

D: brown wire- 12v+

E: purple wire- to fog lights

Here is the pick of the oem fog light switch:

Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

nice write up

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Throckmorton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1fastls1ss
My '97 Blazer did not come with factory fog lights, but I picked up an oem fog light switch a while back from the local junkyard. I got tired of the aftermarket switch stuck on the panel with headlights switches, and wanted the cleaner factory look. I searched for a diagram of the switch but came up with nothing, so I took the factory switch apart and figured it out for myself. Here is what the wires go to for anyone curious to know how to wire it up.

the plug was labeled A,B,C,D, and E. These were the wires on it, not sure if they differ in color for other models.

A: purple with white stripe wire- lights up the bulb in the switch when the fog lights are on

B: black wire- ground

C: gray wire- lights up bulb on fog light symbol when parking lights are on

D: brown wire- 12v+

E: purple wire- to fog lights

Here is the pick of the oem fog light switch:
Did your truck come equipped with an oem relay & wiring, or did you have to supply that yourself?

Attached Thumbnails 97 Blazer oem fog light switch-2012-05-04_17-03-10_810.jpg