Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Alarm Issue? And Cruise control Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road
Default Alarm Issue? And Cruise control Light

I have a 2000 Gmc jimmy slt that had an alarm system on it when i got it. The entire time ive owned it, the "valet" light always blinked. But then one day it just stayed solid. When i looked in the dash the alarm unit said "gm accessory". when the light was flashing when i locked it the alarm would "chirp" and then when i unlocked it it would double "chirp". But ever since the light stayed solid it doesnt "chirp" anymore. Ive been lookin around, and all i can find out is, its sapposedly stuck in valet mode. and no matter what i do i cant get it out. Ive tried playing with the button, and ive tried leaving the battery completly unhooked ALL night. And i have to assume this was installed after the vehicle was made cuz i dont belive the RPO codes say anything about an alarm. Is there something im missing?

And a side question, my dash doesn't have a cruise control light in the gauge cluster but it does have cruise control.Ive pulled the gauge cluster out thinking it was just burnt out, but there is abolutly no cruise control light. Is this normal, or does that point to the cruise control being aftermarket?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Beginning Member
irish13tag is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue with my cruise control light. Just like you, I thought the light was burned out. I don't even where the light is suppose to be. I have a 99 blazer 4dr 4x4 ls.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are looking for something that doesn't exist. There isn't a light in the cluster for the cruise on these trucks.

Can't help you on your alarm issue. If it says GM Accessory, it likely was dealer installed. The stock security system uses the 'Security' light in the dash.