Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

all 4wd lights are on!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
s_merrick is on a distinguished road
Default all 4wd lights are on!

hi everyone im new here so for the past month ive been poking at my 99 chevy blazer with the auto trac transfercase. the issue im having is, all the lights on my 4wd switch are lit up and 4wd does not work! it has before but not now. the module connections are solid! the actuator connections are good. ive checked them all. fuse is ok! i do have power going in and out of the module. i now have a service 4wd light coming on and i do not have any communication to my TCCM when hooking it up to a shop scan tool. I dont like to part slap my vehicles i like to be able to test partys properlly. what i did find when testing voltage was that 2 channel encoder signal wires channel A and C were showing 5 volts which indicates to light up every light on the switch. i have all schematics i need and i have all the voltages of what i checked on the TCCM. im lost and confused and dont know where to go now!

Old 09-20-2018, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Swapping parts to test if something is broken is not what I like to do either. However, perhaps you can get a TCCM from a wrecked Blazer as an inexpensive part to swap?

Old 02-22-2023, 08:39 PM
Starting Member
Jeff Hutjens is on a distinguished road

I had this problem, all 4 lights on. The TCCM was baked. I changed it from my parts car, and now it works normally.

I'm posting this cuz I saw this problem mentioned a lot here, but never the solution.

Old 02-24-2023, 02:01 PM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

If your scan tool can't connect (and it's good), neither can anything else in the system. At least take a peek at the TCCM to visually check for fried components, it might help narrow down the search for what's wrong IF it burns up a junkyard TCCM as well. It's always worth checking your local pick n pull for spares and backup parts, sometimes you find a minty low mile one that got side swiped and totaled out. That's how I picked up a perfect driver's side door, door card (with non-broken pull handle), window, motor, regulator, switches, everything... for under $50. The 4 button 4x4 switch, digital HVAC controls, TCCM. Heck I even grabbed the unused jack and tool set out of the back! In all honesty, if it had been hit a little farther back, I would have pulled the engine and transmission out of it but the engine bay was 'a little more cramped than usual' from the accident. Don't be afraid of 'junkyard parts', just figure out what put the vehicle there in the first place (aka make friends/be polite with workers there) and then pick parts around it.