Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Anyone used these head lights on their 2 gen blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Beginning Member
Jake--Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone used these head lights on their 2 gen blazer?

Hey everyone, I stumbled across these headlights and they say they fit 94-05 s10 blazers but their shape does not really look like they are a perfect fit. I found them on partsgeek.com and am looking to see if anyone else has bought these before. I think they look pretty cool and would be worth doing a little bit of body work to have them fit on my 1997 blazer since there are no projector headlights for this body style besides doing a front end conversion.. Let me know your thoughts or if you have them for your blazers or s10's.

Heres a picture and a link to their site.

Here is the link to Partsgeek

This is what they show the headlights to be.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone used these head lights on their 2 gen blazer?-4e28e431-c05b-4020-aa3f-0736d566a526_zpscc5fd2be.jpg  
Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Starting Member
Jakeduece is on a distinguished road

Those look like they are for a Grand Cherokee.. I don't think they will fit our trucks, but I could be wrong. Hopefully somebody else will chime in!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think they will fit they listed years between pre and post front facelift 98+(current) and I know they are different between pre and post 98.

I use to have a blazer like yours but it was a 2k and its looked amazing with some nice clear corners and after I cleaned up some of the hazing on the headlights and the fogs, sorry no pic post dezazed. combine that with shaving the badges and remove the screw-on wheel arches it was clean. Just an option if you are looking for a new look for the front.

Here are pics.

Sorry it's small I think I used this for a sig or part of one.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone used these head lights on their 2 gen blazer?-pic1.png   Anyone used these head lights on their 2 gen blazer?-mms_picture1.jpg  

Last edited by Karcinagin; 07-15-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added another pic
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road

I think they look like they would be for a Jimmy or Sonoma. Cuz they use a one peice headlight and turn signal. So if that the case you will need a new grill and there will be a gap between the headlight housing and the bumper. And they will fit but like I said you will need a new grill. But that's IF that's what they are. So best I can say is if you really like them, buy them, if they don't fit send them back saying they don't fit because they listed them for the wrong vehicle.

Oh oops, sorry I missed that you said you have a 97, lol. So I would say no they won't fit. Lol sorry.

Last edited by Thogert; 07-16-2013 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Combining consecutive posts.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

I would email them and ask. There's a significant difference between the 95-97 headlights and the 98+ headlights. Additionally, you would want to ensure you have the composite headlights (two bulbs) rather than the sealed beam headlight (one dual filament bulb) on your 97 (IIRC, most four doors had composites, while most two doors had sealed beams).
You can put a 98+ front end on a pre-98 vehicle.. it requires a 98+ core support, grille, and radiator.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member
Jake--Blazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback so far,

Karcinagin -- I have the siding taking off beside the front bumper like your blazer. It does look a lot cleaner having them off.

Blade_24k -- You've got a good idea there lol buying and selling back if they do not turn out to be what I expected.

WitchingHour -- I will have to send them an email to possible get some real pictures of the actual item they have listed there and yes you are right, I have the composite headlights with separate hi & lo bulbs.

So currently, I have 8k HID's installed for the lo beams and works great compared to the oem style bulbs. Not to mention the slim ballasts have found perfect spots to be mounted to without being too noticeable.

Also, I know all about the front end swap to 98+ blazer but if I were to do that I'd like to do the Jimmy/Bravada.. Anyway I like the look of 97's lol

Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

that site is known for listing lightning accessories for things they do not fit for. Like when I was looking for LED tail lights for the first gen.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm planning on doing the 98+ front end on mine. Already got the core support from a pull and pay yard, still looking through different grilles and bumpers available, and I found the light fixtures I wanted. But those plans recently went on hiatus, and I'll have another project on my hands come Friday.