Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

arghh! turn signal issues....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default arghh! turn signal issues....

My front turn marker went out. (how do you get them suckas out?) I BROKE mine and now its being held in with tape. So,i changed the bulb...

Now it blinks +BUT when i turn my headlights on my turn signal light stays on....solid...(one on the dash)

When i flip the turn signal arm it blinks normally till i flip it back. When the signal light is solid (on the dash),the actual turn signal outside of the blazer isnt on. Just inside...

So,i broke my marker housing,which is taped up and my blinker indicator on the dash is staying lit solid when i turn on my headlights.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

the ones on the grille needs to be changed from the engine bay ... or the grille needs to be removed. Sounds like the bulb is shorting out.. Ya might wanna recheck it.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Starting Member
Joshs4x4 is on a distinguished road

Yep you have a short

Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Alright....

So i had 2 bad bulbs in the rear. Spend 10 bucks tonight replacing bulbs. all bulbs turn on,but still blinks fast on that side (passenger side is the issue)
John,look in that big ol book you have and find me the wiring for the turn signals..

Here is exactly what i did tonight.

Mcdonalds
liquor store
got home,found out nobody saved me any fried chicken....irritated me so i went out to replace the bulb.
Started looking at it wondering if i had to remove the grille etc. Ended up pulling the battery,and headlight thinking its behind it. I pushed on the back of the turn signal housing hoping maybe it just pops out...Nope,broke the studs for the nuts and the signal housing fell out. replaced bulb and taped housing back on. And then this starts..

My gosh i hate electrical crap in vehicles.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

did you trace the wires all the way back... Its possibly the wires got damaged when you pulled it... The socket might of gotten damaged have you checked that ?

Edit: so far I found this... Let me know if this helps

Name:  PICT2211.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  186.5 KB

Ill keep looking for more

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 11-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran

socket looks "ok" unless its damaged inside the insulation of the connector. See if you can find me anything on the passenger side on diagrams etc. ive been spending at least 2 hours online looking for diagrams etc and found nadda.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM
BF Guru

passenger side is the same.

Edit: what happens when you remove the bulb?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
BF Veteran

the solid light turns off.

Im starting to wonder if its the relay. Just crazy how this crap can all happen at once.

Does the relay have 2 sides? (if that makes sense?) with bulb in it blinks fast,with bulb out the solid lights gone.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I once had a weird problem with my turn signals, i would turn on the blinkers and EVERY exterior light would flash besides the headlights (even the license plate lamps would flash) I had just replaced a bulb and was wondering if I had messed something up, took the bulb out, cleaned out the socket with a shop rag, put in some new grease, put the bulb back in and it worked. Just a thought.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran

man ive wiggled and jiggled this bulb. Im ready to scrap this blazer. lol

Quick Reply: arghh! turn signal issues....