Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Awesome under-body glow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
98gmcjimmyboy is on a distinguished road
Default Awesome under-body glow!

i ordered these blue led lights off ebay, they look outstanding. ill post pics asap they r really deep blue almost purple. i got them for $.99 but came out to bout 18 with shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Awesome under-body glow!-led.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

cool,but you do need to make sure they are legal in your city..some places are pissy about outside lights like that.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

If used strictly for a "show" setting and aren't run while driving on the streets then you should be good. But most areas have a law against having Blue lights, and its up to the Officers to decide, Should we go with no blue lights at all, just blinking ones, ones that face away from the car, and so on.

Also, IMO if you are gonna do underglow, go with Neon Bulbs.

But hopefully these turn out well and give a nice full glow under the car.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM

i wired them in with a toggle switch in the dash so i can turn them off while driving because yes they are illegal to have on while driving. I have 2 blue lighted toggle switches im going to install and just got 2 PIAA off road lights that will be wired into one of the switches.

i was thinking neon bulbs too but the problem is that they are fragile and would end up breaking

Last edited by rriddle3; 11-15-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

True, which is why I have put aside my dreams for pink underglow... ooo, but I could make them easily removable! lol

Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 PM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

The legality or not of undercar lighting is also a problem for us in the UK. Even the police don't seem to know what's legal or not. The opinion is that if the light source itself isn't seen then the reflected glow is legal, although others say not!. Mind you there are plenty of lorries over here sporting all sorts of lighting, including front mounted blue lights. You never hear of any of them stopped.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:57 PM

I picked some PIAA lights that im going to mount on the front bumper just on the inside off my headlights in grill. cant wait to see how bright they are!!

Attached Thumbnails Awesome under-body glow!-phone-070.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Never mind, was going to post something that would have not been constructive to the post.

I'll stop right....................here.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
If used strictly for a "show" setting and aren't run while driving on the streets then you should be good. But most areas have a law against having Blue lights, and its up to the Officers to decide, Should we go with no blue lights at all, just blinking ones, ones that face away from the car, and so on.

Also, IMO if you are gonna do underglow, go with Neon Bulbs.

But hopefully these turn out well and give a nice full glow under the car.

i used to sell those neon kits.. the led tube are sooooo much more durable.. im not talking the same kind he has. but the multi color led tube looks almost exaclty like the neon...

Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road

Neon tubes provide such an Awsome smooth light. But crack so easily. On the set I had one tube took a rock so hard it cracked the protective tube and the neon tube. And two others cracked got water in them and shorted. I miss my neon. but I've been told by many people led is the way to go with underglow.