Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Brighter taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

see i actually love to solder and do the tedious chores of making super small connections perfect.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I'm an electrican by trade (4 years dc before doing the last 6 ac) and run a fab shop on the side. I used to love doing the stuff in my free time. It does get old when its not your project that you can do in your free time anymore.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by neo71665
I'm an electrican by trade (4 years dc before doing the last 6 ac) and run a fab shop on the side. I used to love doing the stuff in my free time. It does get old when its not your project that you can do in your free time anymore.
yeah it really can, I build model cars and built one police car with working LED's and had people contacting me to make them, Ended up making about 15 of them, by the time i was done i was so sick of it, loved making the one for myself though

Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by neo71665
hey neo would you be able to get a link of the diy for me ?

Id like to see your accomplished work =)

Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
hey neo would you be able to get a link of the diy for me ?

Id like to see your accomplished work =)
I second this notion!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 AM

Thought I put it up on this site, I know I made a thread linking to it on other forums.

First gen grille light LEDs

The space was limited or I would have put them on a board like they need to be but the end product has been working just fine. Hit a deer and busted one up so I have to build another one tho.

You guys catch blazinjason (I think that's his name) he built some led stuff also. I know he done the bumper lights and was working on tails. I think he was a member here.

Last edited by neo71665; 02-14-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by richphotos
yeah it really can, I build model cars and built one police car with working LED's and had people contacting me to make them, Ended up making about 15 of them, by the time i was done i was so sick of it, loved making the one for myself though

My last major led project was converting my sho-me mini light bar from 3mm can leds over to smd leds. I did enjoy that but it took 6 months "enjoying" it. Built a 3 inch tall red/white light bar for the windshield of dads truck and I was rushed on it a bit. After about the 800th led I was about to tell him to either buy one or find some other sucker to do his free work.
That job alone made me refuse to do a solid windshield bar again. It does look good, hidden behind the tint untill he turns it on then the white and red wig wag flashes. Gets noticed faster than the mini bar on top of my blazer. I would like one and the local cops have asked about blue/white ones but it aint gonna happen.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Still around! Many projects started or half done :S Once I get either one of these 2 v8 blazers drivable again then I can work on gadgets.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
skrewd21 is on a distinguished road

I bought a pair of IPCW LED Tail Lights and they are extremely bright

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Beginning Member
cimbaliw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by skrewd21
I bought a pair of IPCW LED Tail Lights and they are extremely bright
Now that's what I'm looking for... unfortunately they're not available for the S-10. So, i guess you're pretty happy with the quality of the product?

Quick Reply: Brighter taillights