Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

A/C not working 2000 Chevy blazer ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2024 | 05:24 PM
|
BRAYDENQ85 is on a distinguished road
Default A/C not working 2000 Chevy blazer ZR2

Hello, new to the group, I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2 and I have replaced the accumulator switch, the compressor, the switch on the back of the compressor, and fuses. My ac compressor does not kick on, I’ve replaced ambient temperature sensors as well and blower motor resister and the actuator that switches from hot to cold air. Essentially everything in the HVAC is new, anybody got any idea as to what the issue is? I did test to see if there’s power going to connecters and there is, only ones that don’t have it are the ambient temp Sensors. Could this be the issue? Any ideas to help fix?

Old 08-21-2024 | 05:41 PM
Beginning Member
braden737 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BRAYDENQ85
Hello, new to the group, I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2 and I have replaced the accumulator switch, the compressor, the switch on the back of the compressor, and fuses. My ac compressor does not kick on, I’ve replaced ambient temperature sensors as well and blower motor resister and the actuator that switches from hot to cold air. Essentially everything in the HVAC is new, anybody got any idea as to what the issue is? I did test to see if there’s power going to connecters and there is, only ones that don’t have it are the ambient temp Sensors. Could this be the issue? Any ideas to help fix?
I believe that the ambient temp sensor could be an issue or atleast part of the issue. If that sensor is not working it can cause a disengaged compressor clutch. If that sensor is broke it will send false temp signals and your ac will not come on if the reading is below 45 degrees. Im not the best in this area however this could be part of the issue, i would definitely take a look at it

Old 08-21-2024 | 06:20 PM
|

Originally Posted by braden737
I believe that the ambient temp sensor could be an issue or atleast part of the issue. If that sensor is not working it can cause a disengaged compressor clutch. If that sensor is broke it will send false temp signals and your ac will not come on if the reading is below 45 degrees. Im not the best in this area however this could be part of the issue, i would definitely take a look at it
thank you! I will take a look into it, because my overhead console computer also stopped working, going to get a new one tomorrow at a pick and pull hopefully that’ll start sending power to the temp sensors

Old 08-22-2024 | 12:39 PM
|
Default Still not working

I got a new overhead console and both temp sensors and a bunch else has been replaced. What else could it be?

Old 08-22-2024 | 02:18 PM
|
Default Still not working

I got a new overhead console and both temp sensors and a bunch else has been replaced. What else could it be?

Old 08-22-2024 | 03:53 PM
Beginning Member
braden737 is on a distinguished road

did you check that the compressor clutch is working

Old 08-22-2024 | 05:10 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Have you checked for voltage out of the compressor relay during a call for cooling?

George

Old 08-22-2024 | 06:16 PM
|

did you check that the compressor clutch is working
clutch will spin with my hand freely

Old 08-22-2024 | 06:18 PM
|

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
Have you checked for voltage out of the compressor relay during a call for cooling?

George
I have used a test light and when the switch is turned to AC or MAX AC the test light will come on but the compressor won’t, light then goes away and doesn’t come back. I have chased as much of the wiring as I can and I don’t see anything chewed or ripped or damaged.

Old 08-22-2024 | 06:29 PM
|

I have used a test light and when the switch is turned to AC or MAX AC the test light will come on but the compressor won’t, light then goes away and doesn’t come back. I have chased as much of the wiring as I can and I don’t see anything chewed or ripped or damaged.
sorry, the wires that go from the fuse box to the compressor have no power, but the fuse for the AC has power wether the ac is turned on or off is this the issue?

Quick Reply: A/C not working 2000 Chevy blazer ZR2