Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

chasis wiring harness problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM
ccporter is on a distinguished road
Default chasis wiring harness problem

Just so everyone knows this is on a 2001 chevy blazer lt with the 4 button 4 wd. and the power options
Ok so heres what i did, i had to replace head gaskets on my blazer, to make a long story short i drilled through my wiring harness that runs down by the gas pedal, i have a replacement harness only it is for the 3 button 4 wd not the 4 button, is there any way that i can wire the new harness in place of my old without too much hassle, i know i will have to redo the transfer case wiring in the new harness, if anyboduy has an actual pinout diagram on the wiring harness they could share it would be greatly appriciated,
I am open to any suggestions just so people are aware i have tried to find the correct harness without much success

Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Why dont you pull back to loom, and strip insulation on each wire, solder and heat shrink them back together, problem solved.

I am curious, what were you drilling?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM

i was having difficulty getting to the bolts on the back side of the head to change the head gasket, it was late at night, tired of fighting it so i decided to drill a hole through the firewall to access the bolt, didnt realize the wire harness was ran were it was, the anser to your second question is the reason i havent done that is there are several wires that are the same color, and this isnt including the pinks and oranges, if i could get ahold of a pin out for the harness i would just repair it,

Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ccporter
i was having difficulty getting to the bolts on the back side of the head to change the head gasket, it was late at night, tired of fighting it so i decided to drill a hole through the firewall to access the bolt, didnt realize the wire harness was ran were it was, the anser to your second question is the reason i havent done that is there are several wires that are the same color, and this isnt including the pinks and oranges, if i could get ahold of a pin out for the harness i would just repair it,
Do you have a upull anywhere around you? if you do, hit up the u-pull for the harness you need. wont be more than 10 bucks.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM

I have allready explored that route and what i have found out is they changed computers from 2000-2001, and the wiring harness are very model/equiptment specific, and nobody around my area has the one that i need,

Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran

Well, then you might be stuck splicing wires. I dont know of a source where you can get them, you can always try lmc truck or rock auto. But if there are wires of hte same color, there some be some soft of marking distinguishing between the same colors

Old 03-01-2013, 10:49 PM

I can't tell any markings on the part that is cut, i do have the harness out of the vehicle right now so that should make it a little easier to trace the wires. My main concern is that i don't fry anything after i hook the battery up, the good news is the battery hasnt been hooked up since it happened and it was disconnected at the time that it happened

Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Pink and orange prolly go cross to the fuse panel. Hot at all time or hot from ign switch. If you connect wrong fuse wont match device. You will never make that mistake again! Kinda like my marrage except there are shorts I cant resolder.

Last edited by LeWhite; 03-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 AM

What i do know is that the orange is constant hot and the pink is hot with ignition on, I am not too concerend about these being crossed, the worse that would happen if these get crossed is the fuses wont match what the panel says it should be to, its all the blues, and the green and blacks that have me kinda nervous

Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 PM

does anybody know if there are any differences in the wiring for a 2 door vs 4 door chasis wiring other then the extra 2 door circuits,

Quick Reply: chasis wiring harness problem