Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

???Dome Light Wont Turn Off???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 PM
karmafuzion is on a distinguished road
Default ???Dome Light Wont Turn Off???

Out of the blue, the dome light and the light at the rear hatch wont turn off even after i turn off the truck. Its not any door switch and I dont see how it could be related but the 4wd wont engage now either. I had to remove the bulbs to keep from draining the battery. Weird huh? Anyone have any suggestions???

Old 04-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid question time. Is the dimmer switch all the way up and clicked in?

How have you determined that a door switch is not at fault?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
karmafuzion is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Stupid question time. Is the dimmer switch all the way up and clicked in?

How have you determined that a door switch is not at fault?
HAHAHA! No it's not that. I even disconnected the switch itself and the darn lights including the lights connected to the rear view mirror stay on. Those lights do not normally turn on even when the dimmer is turned all the way up.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
PinkCamo is on a distinguished road

When my 4WD fuse went out it did all sorts of things with the switch not working, dash lights coming on etc. Have you tried checking fuses?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

here's another long shot but the rear compartment light has a switch on it. If that is 'on' or 'shorted' the lights mentioned will stay 'on' no matter what you do...kids playing in the back maybe or.....

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 PM
bajonk is on a distinguished road

I just bought a '96 4x4 blazer and it has (had) the same problem. The guy I bought it from said the dome and map lights would not shut off. He said something about an electronic chip that needed replaced. He just disconnected them so they wouldn't drain the battery instead of fixing the problem.

I'd like to get these lights working so I hope someone knows where this can be tracked down and fixed.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 93 and lights would stay on, I replaced the door switch withc did not fix it and got to looking the switch was grounding out on the door(220k of wear of the switch on the paint), so after some duct tape it was fixed.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karmafuzion
Out of the blue, the dome light and the light at the rear hatch wont turn off even after i turn off the truck. Its not any door switch and I dont see how it could be related but the 4wd wont engage now either. I had to remove the bulbs to keep from draining the battery. Weird huh? Anyone have any suggestions???
I also have this problem daddysblazer and i have checked all the door buttens and put lube on them and lites will not go off is there some kind of timers that went out our what?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

No the light switch wasnt all the way up. But Ive got to say I went and looked haha

Old 06-19-2011, 11:22 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i was going to be a smart guy and say shut the door =p

the same thing happened to my grandpa in his blazer, turns out he didnt shut the door good enough =p, that and the rear hatch light switch was in the "on" position

Quick Reply: ???Dome Light Wont Turn Off???