Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   DRL Module? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/drl-module-67973/)

THE MISTRESS 02-13-2012 11:07 PM

DRL Module?

3 Attachment(s)
i posted a question on here a year or so ago and received no replies now hopefully with some pics someone can clue me in on what this is. the grey case has this card inside. tia

swartlkk 02-14-2012 06:16 AM

It is called the Diode Module. The purple wires feed into the 4wd lights and I can't find a diagram that shows the brown wires. To repair the board, I would just solder on wires to replace the trace that burnt out.

BTW, there is no harm in bumping a thread, even if it was posted in an unrelated section of the forum. :icon_wink:

pettyfog 02-14-2012 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 497581)
It is called the Diode Module. The purple wires feed into the 4wd lights and I can't find a diagram that shows the brown wires. To repair the board, I would just solder on wires to replace the trace that burnt out.

BTW, there is no harm in bumping a thread, even if it was posted in an unrelated section of the forum. :icon_wink:

ditto.. except I would check to see those diodes arent shorted. Especially the big dude.. the smaller ones should have opened up if the current was high enough to do that damage.

here I flipped and combined the images for reference....note the slight discoloration on the big one's lead and solder points.

THE MISTRESS 02-16-2012 12:31 AM

sorry don't know what bumping a thread is. don't read these forums much although they do have alot of usefull info thanks btw.
the two solder marks on the blue side are from me soldering a small wire to it which burnt up like the copper strip under it. can i buy that big diode at radio shack and replace it? i've also checked the two brake switches above the brake pedal and they are good. the only reason i found that bow is i was getting a 10 code "stop light switch - 422 ckt i believe" i checked the whole circuit and the diode and strip are the only bad spot.

pettyfog 02-16-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by THE MISTRESS (Post 498198)
sorry don't know what bumping a thread is. don't read these forums much although they do have alot of usefull info thanks btw.
the two solder marks on the blue side are from me soldering a small wire to it which burnt up like the copper strip under it. can i buy that big diode at radio shack and replace it? i've also checked the two brake switches above the brake pedal and they are good. the only reason i found that bow is i was getting a 10 code "stop light switch - 422 ckt i believe" i checked the whole circuit and the diode and strip are the only bad spot.

So, just to be clear, you have checked the big diode with an ohmmeter and found it dead shorted? Otherwise ohm the matching harness connector to frame

Yes the Radio shack guy SHOULD be able to cross reference the diode. If not I would guesstimate from its size 3 - 5 amp at 50 volts

THE MISTRESS 02-16-2012 05:02 PM

yeah the big one is fried. do i need this card or can i somehow bypass it?

pettyfog 02-16-2012 09:14 PM

I dont know.. was the only problem the DRL didnt work?

If that's all.. up to you. Otherwise the diode shorting was a fluke. Generally takes overvoltage to short a diode. Over current tends to open them.
And there's no higher voltage on the truck, normally than 15v

THE MISTRESS 02-17-2012 12:05 AM

no it doesn't have them. i didn't know what that module was for. my dad owned the truck before me and he had to replace the trans about every other year and she has had the same 10 code since he bought it. i don't know i just wanna get rid of that damn blinking light and not have to replace the trans as often as he did