Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   front turn signal led problems (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/front-turn-signal-led-problems-88270/)

Rolandtd 12-24-2014 12:43 AM

front turn signal led problems

Hey everyone im having an issue with my truck its a 99 blazer. I recently put led bulbs in the rear lights but when I put the bulbs in the front turn signals at the indicator shows it constantly on but no flashing but when I put the stock bulbs back in it flashes fine the only thing I have done is mod the flasher relay to stop the hyperflashing. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!!

blazen_red_4x4 12-24-2014 07:56 AM

I just went through the same scenario in my 04. In the end, the issues with just throwing LED's in these trucks is because of the way the marker light in the headlight uses the turn signal bulb below it for ground. And the only way it's like that is so the two lights alternate when the turn signal flashes...

Like you, I put LED's all throughout the truck, in the tail lights, front turn signals, and marker lights. Mad to do the flasher mod after just installing the rear LED's, but that wasn't enough for when I put the fronts in. I had to put a load resistor across the ground and turn signal 12+ on the turn signal socket on both sides up front, and that solved the dimly lit inside indicator lights.

In my case I also had to solder on a diode as one of the legs for my front LED's because I was getting feedback and the running lights wouldn't work... may not be the case in yours though, depends on the bulb

Rolandtd 12-30-2014 12:56 AM

thanks for the reply man.it looks like im gonna be putting resistors in, I even tried the led flasher relay part ep-29. fixed the speed but still indicators are lit inside, ill post back with the results.

richphotos 12-30-2014 07:15 AM

You will just need diodes to prevent back feed into the circuit. the load resistors are just to prevent the hyper flash.

blazen_red_4x4 12-30-2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos (Post 640723)
You will just need diodes to prevent back feed into the circuit. the load resistors are just to prevent the hyper flash.

without the load resistors, my signals wouldn't flash at all (with LED's in the front and rear), and that's after the flasher mod

richphotos 12-31-2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 (Post 640752)
without the load resistors, my signals wouldn't flash at all (with LED's in the front and rear), and that's after the flasher mod

That is odd, Did you just mod your OEM flasher. I know that can be done in some cases.. or did you just purchase an electronic flasher.
If you got an electronic flasher, there should have been no need for load resistors and only diodes to prevent back feed into the system. :icon_saywhat:

blazen_red_4x4 12-31-2014 07:37 AM

I just moded the OEM flasher by popping it open and lifting a leg on the IC on the circuit board inside. Free fix for me, since I already had a handful of the load resistors sitting around lol

blazerguy09 01-01-2015 05:31 PM

i have leds on whole thing front marker, front turn signal, taillight, back up light, and leds in the cluster plus change relay i dont have any problems with it.

03blazer62341 02-17-2016 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 (Post 640252)
I just went through the same scenario in my 04. In the end, the issues with just throwing LED's in these trucks is because of the way the marker light in the headlight uses the turn signal bulb below it for ground. And the only way it's like that is so the two lights alternate when the turn signal flashes...

Like you, I put LED's all throughout the truck, in the tail lights, front turn signals, and marker lights. Mad to do the flasher mod after just installing the rear LED's, but that wasn't enough for when I put the fronts in. I had to put a load resistor across the ground and turn signal 12+ on the turn signal socket on both sides up front, and that solved the dimly lit inside indicator lights.

In my case I also had to solder on a diode as one of the legs for my front LED's because I was getting feedback and the running lights wouldn't work... may not be the case in yours though, depends on the bulb

In which wire did you put the diode? I put LED's in my front turn signals now my front side marker LED's and the front parking lights aren't working.