Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Gauge cluster turns on when vehicle is off

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Starting Member
Layinchromies is on a distinguished road
Default Gauge cluster turns on when vehicle is off

I have been trying to figure out why my 2001 trailblazer's battery wouldn't stay charged. I replaced the alternator and the battery I've checked all the fuses and had the alternator tested. My battery tester says alternator is faulty but I am getting 14.6 v while the vehicle is running. Then I noticed that with the vehicle off the gauges with come on for a while and then shut off. And keep turning on and off. I don't know if I'm just losing my mind but it seems to be connected to the door as well. I can watch them come on but every time I open the door they shut back off again. Is this the ignition switch or is there something wrong with the cluster. Relay maybe? Idk

Old 10-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Starting Member
Davesblaze is on a distinguished road

I've just signed up for this forum. I don't see/haven't found any reply your post. I have the same problem. Now it seems to have gotten worse, possibly affecting the power door locks (a new problem as of yesterday).
What little information I have gathered suggests a worn out ignition switch. Seems like it might be an easy fix.
Have you gotten any information on this or in some way resolver the issue?

Old 10-18-2020, 12:12 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Davesblaze
I've just signed up for this forum. I don't see/haven't found any reply your post. I have the same problem. Now it seems to have gotten worse, possibly affecting the power door locks (a new problem as of yesterday).
What little information I have gathered suggests a worn out ignition switch. Seems like it might be an easy fix.
Have you gotten any information on this or in some way resolver the issue?
Welcome aboard! Usually people don't really respond much 2 old Threads... You will get faster responses and more of them when you start a new Thread from my past experience