Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

H1 HIDs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Even projectors can cause glare if they are designed for halogen bulbs, it's less than a reflector housing, but still present. The simple fact is a hid capsule will never generate the same style of light that a halogen will, and light will be places it's not supposed to be when you try to interchange the two.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zball94
If I ever pass you on the road, you will get a taste of my 400w roof lights.

Do not put HID's in non-projectors. Its a real dick move towards everyone else on the road. Leave this to the losers driving riced out civics.
You have your opinion and I have mine, I have ran HIDs in non projectors for 3 years. No problems what so ever. I have never had any complaints about my HIDs from family, friends or otherwise. You go ahead and blind me with your supper cool 400w roof lights then we'll see who the real *** is.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zball94
If I ever pass you on the road, you will get a taste of my 400w roof lights.

Do not put HID's in non-projectors. Its a real dick move towards everyone else on the road. Leave this to the losers driving riced out civics.
Every single headlight on the road causes glare..

no matter if its HID's in a halogen housing, hid's in a projector, or just halogen bulbs, it ALL causes glare.
So chill out

Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 PM
nickrosales is on a distinguished road

I used to have my HID kits in non projectors for a while but it didn't give me issues with anyone. So i guess don't worry about that too.

I got mine at hidextra.com, I was just reading their website and they have a new slim line ballast. Check it out guys. I think it's pretty bomb! -> HIDExtra introduces all new Stealth V2 HID Slim Ballast | HIDeXtra Blog