Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Having trouble finding correct parking lamp assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 01:08 AM
Beginning Member
Jakebax84 is on a distinguished road
Default Having trouble finding correct parking lamp assemblies

I'm having trouble trying to find SMOKED PARKING LAMPS WITH ATTACHED SMOKED FOG LIGHTS. They all seem to just have the spot for the parking/signal light but no spot for a fog light/drl. Any ideas on where to find them without having to do it myself? I tried doing it myself and there is a substantial color difference even when using different levels of tint. I get the fog light almost the exact color but the parking lamp never comes remotely close to the same shade as the headlight or fog light.

Last edited by Jakebax84; 12-09-2018 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Miss placed bold font
Old 12-09-2018, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

What are you working on?

Old 12-09-2018, 04:20 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

It's actually pretty hard to find "custom" aftermarket parking lights with the fog light in them, so you may be stuck with just tinting them yourself if that's the look you're after.

Could always look into using a film type tint instead of the spray on one, would give a more even result.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:59 AM
Beginning Member
Default Tom A.

Originally Posted by Tom A
What are you working on?
I'm working on an Emerald Green and Light Pewter 98 Blazer LS. She's a jewel. Only 111k. Perfect interior. Had a spotless exterior until just over a month ago. Long story....anywho the deal is, I got to digging around on the grill area when I was making my illuminated emblems. I noticed previously when doing my custom double din kenwood DNX install that the "foglamp" plug was just dummy pluged into an empty plug on the switch pannel. I had noticed other Blazer's that had the "drl" or "foglamps" adjacent to the parking lamps. I decided I liked that look better and I wanted them too. So I went to the junkyard and got the parking/signal lamps WITH the foglamps. I also got the switch. Plugged up the switch and the foglamp symbol illuminated. I was pretty excited. So I started in on pulling off the front grill assembly. I noticed that there was green capped plugs. I tried figuring it out on my own. Needless to say it was an epic fail. So I went back to the junkyard on a mission. I traced and cut out the wiring for the fog lamps. I tried to figure it out on my own again with no luck. That's when my buddy warned me about the BCM. I gave it a break. Then I went back to my RGB illuminated emblems. In the process I noticed the dead ended clips attached to the air dam. That's when I knew I couldn't stop until I I figured them out. I wanted everything to look and function like OEM. In the process of this I picked up some smoked headlights and smoked signal light. I noticed that there was no place for the foglights. After spending hours lookin I got on here to ask. Thought maybe some has experienced this same problem and wanted the smoked fog lights like I do

Old 12-10-2018, 02:25 AM
Beginning Member

[QUOTE=blazen_red_4x4;699478]It's actually pretty hard to find "custom" aftermarket parking lights with the fog light in them, so you may be stuck with just tinting them yourself if that's the look you're after.Could always look into using a film type tint instead of the spray on one, would give a more even result.

I've tried film tinting them myself. I end up with parking lamps that are about 2 shades darker because of the amber lense. I've even tried getting lighter tint. Still doesn't match. I just want my parking lamps to match my headlights and foglights. I just want a nice clean consistency between the lights and I don't wanna give up my foglights. I like the look. Plus after doing the quad beam mod I definitely want the foglights and don't wanna have to cut into a new $100 headlight just to mount an 881 bulb. Not to mention the fact that I'm going with LED switch backs for the parking and turn signals. I think it would look a lot better with 4 beams on each side when I pull up. I've never tried the spray tint stuff. I just don't like the way it looks. There's gotta be someone out there that makes the smoked headlights with all chrome insides and a smoked parking lamp/signal lamp with chrome insides AND the smoked foglamp with chrome insides
what I'm after is the aesthetic of it all. My plan is to get the smoked lights I'm after, Then get all the chrome accents on the truck dipped or whatever it takes to make them black chrome. I'm gonna do a black chrome bully bar on the Blazer too. Then do a big curved blacked out light bar. Then lift it a tad and put nicer rims and tires on it. I've already done a lot to it. From all LED interior lighting to a big stereo to color changing floor lighting thats tied into all my illuminated Chevy symbols. I'm working on 4 super sweet power heated bucket leather seats a custom counsel and a 19" flip down TV in back. All the badges on it now are painted body color with florescent green outter edges. Even the small Chevy emblems on the front doors and rear gate are like that and illuminated with LED lights. I've also been working on LED illumination in all 5 exterior handles too. I'm finishing up getting it tied into the courtesy lights. So when I use the fob to lock or unlock the truck the door handles illuminate bright green.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Jakebax84;699499]
Originally Posted by Jakebax84
what I'm after is the aesthetic of it all. My plan is to get the smoked lights I'm after, Then get all the chrome accents on the truck dipped or whatever it takes to make them black chrome. I'm gonna do a black chrome bully bar on the Blazer too. Then do a big curved blacked out light bar. Then lift it a tad and put nicer rims and tires on it. I've already done a lot to it. From all LED interior lighting to a big stereo to color changing floor lighting thats tied into all my illuminated Chevy symbols. I'm working on 4 super sweet power heated bucket leather seats a custom counsel and a 19" flip down TV in back. All the badges on it now are painted body color with florescent green outter edges. Even the small Chevy emblems on the front doors and rear gate are like that and illuminated with LED lights. I've also been working on LED illumination in all 5 exterior handles too. I'm finishing up getting it tied into the courtesy lights. So when I use the fob to lock or unlock the truck the door handles illuminate bright green.
Any way you can post up a video on YouTube of all that? I would love to see it!

Old 12-11-2018, 04:59 AM
Beginning Member

[QUOTE=GreenBlazer2002;699501]
Originally Posted by Jakebax84
Any way you can post up a video on YouTube of all that? I would love to see it!
Yeah, I can probably do that. I really should've taken better pics of it before I did anything to it. I'll try to take more pics of it and before and after pics of projects on it. I've never seen anything like what I'm wanting to do to it. I really do think it'll turn out pretty sweet for a 20yr old truck. I was pretty reluctant to even say what all was going on. I don't want my ideas stolen.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:00 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

As someone who has researched the aftermarket signals w/fog lights subject, I can tell you there aren't any...at least anymore.
I also wanted to keep my factory fogs, so I ended up using a smoked vinyl and heat gun to apply to the amber lens. It's been over 4 years ago, and still looks good. (I'll post a pic in a few..)

I found some sweet smoked signal lenses, sans fogs, that I wanna use with these new Halo headlights I purchased...so I've been brainstorming on ways to incorporate the fogs still.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 PM

Old 12-17-2018, 11:09 PM

Here's my newest grill and smoked signal light housings Trying to figure out a new placement for the fog lights..

I'm considering placing them behind the grill, or even removing and hooking my halo headlights up to the switch. A lot of ways one could go.

Quick Reply: Having trouble finding correct parking lamp assemblies